Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Winter 2011-2012 Thread!

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Winter 2011-2012 Thread!

I wanted to post this to get us started on the winter weather thread for 2011-2012, not sure if a thread like this already exists, so if so, please merge/delete, etc...

My wife and I woke up at 6:00 this morning and found it snowing to beat the band! We already have 4+ inches on the ground here right now and its still supposed to snow until 8PM or so tonight. Weather is calling for 6-8 inches, so we are right inline with that.

It's crazy to me because I am 27 years old and I can't remember in my entire life having this much snow on the ground 2 days before Halloween. Come to think of it I can't even remember any snow flurries or showers on Halloween or before.

We thank god still have power, but over 3,300 residents in our region are without power due to downed limbs, power poles, etc..

I went to visit my dad this morning (love driving around in my 4X4 jeep and pickup ) and seriously in the span of about 15 minutes we saw the next door neighbor lose 3 huge limbs that cracked off and fell to the ground.

Hope everybody is safe wherever you all are and if there are other people that live in my vacinity (Winchester, Harrisonburg, Leesburg, etc...) whats the weather doing where you are and whats it like??