This is just ridiculous

The water crisis in Jackson follows years of failure to fix an aging system

A complete system failure at the local, state, and federal levels
Old 09-01-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

https://youtu.be/GEA72wFG6o4

Saw this "Stop Biden's Bailout for Rich Kids" tv ad yesterday during the Os game.

It was funny

But also exactly what is wrong with this country

-----------

Target relief dollars to low- and middle-income borrowers. The Department of Education estimates that, among borrowers who are no longer in school, nearly 90% of relief dollars will go to those earning less than $75,000 a year. No individual making more than $125,000 or household making more than $250,000 – the top 5% of incomes in the United States – will receive relief.

Help borrowers of all ages. The Department of Education estimates that, among borrowers who are eligible for relief, 21% are 25 years and under and 44% are ages 26-39. More than a third are borrowers age 40 and up, including 5% of borrowers who are senior citizens.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-need-it-most/

Up to 20k for Pell Grants and 10k for non Pell Grants.

------------

Can we agree that this tv ad is misinformation?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
Coff
Impact Rookie

Apropos of nothing...

I was just reading some politically charged comments on the Brian Robinson thread but decided it wasn’t the right place to respond, so I’m responding in this thread.

First, any violent crime is terrible and should not be tolerated. That being said, there were many comments in the thread about how violence in DC has spiraled out of control. It needs to be pointed out that violent crime in Washington, D.C. is currently—and across the board—nearly a third of what it was 30 years ago. By across the board, I mean murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, and vehicle theft. I lot of people simply won’t believe that, but that’s because they choose belief over knowledge.

Again, violent crime no matter the frequency is terrible. And it is unfortunate that there has been an uptick in recent years, but it’s important to keep in perspective that even with the recent increase, violent crime rates are still lower than what anyone would have thought was imaginable a generation ago. Our society as a whole has become substantially less violent, that’s from coast to coast, and north to south. And the attempts to correlate crime with liberal policy is just silly. Consider the states with the 7th highest murder rates in 2021: Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Missouri, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee. Those are not exactly bastions for progressive social justice policy.

The sky isn’t falling, the apocalypse isn’t nigh. Relax.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Incredible optics. Worst of my lifetime where the President looks like a raving dictator with the military acting as props mirrors a divisive speech.

That’s not photoshopped

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Incredible optics. Worst of my lifetime where the President looks like a raving dictator with the military acting as props mirrors a divisive speech.

That’s not photoshopped
Worst of your lifetime... so far.

I actually really enjoy posts like these while Trump gets a pass for every transgression lol. It's like you're illustrating in real time the disconnect between you and reality.

The difference between me and you is I'm happy to acknowledge when Biden fucks up or I disagree with his policies - because I don't worship him. He's a temporary solution to a massive problem with this country today, which is 70 million voters deciding Trump's behavior is appropriate and endorsing it.

Shit if it was up to me there wouldn't be any 70 year olds in politics (even if meant Bernie had to retire) - I think mandatory retirement age should be 65 or you should have term limits in Congress of 20-25 years.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:09 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Worst of your lifetime... so far.

I actually really enjoy posts like these while Trump gets a pass for every transgression lol. It's like you're illustrating in real time the disconnect between you and reality.

The difference between me and you is I'm happy to acknowledge when Biden fucks up or I disagree with his policies - because I don't worship him. He's a temporary solution to a massive problem with this country today, which is 70 million voters deciding Trump's behavior is appropriate and endorsing it.

Shit if it was up to me there wouldn't be any 70 year olds in politics (even if meant Bernie had to retire) - I think mandatory retirement age should be 65 or you should have term limits in Congress of 20-25 years.
Mooby you have never come in here criticizing shit, what are you talking about? You even excused Your own governors multiple racist past incidents in here saying you support that over someone like Glen Younkin. Really?

Go back and read the failures of this administration…70 million people didn’t all vote for trump, they are voting against Biden and what they knew would happen. He’s been a massive failure

Like it or not, Trump was a better President than Biden. The results of governing matter. Period. Trump isn’t likable…totally understandable. And his actions after losing the election were horrible.

He Gets Us
Old 09-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Mooby you have never come in here criticizing shit, what are you talking about? You even excused Your own governors multiple racist past incidents in here saying you support that over someone like Glen Younkin. Really?

Go back and read the failures of this administration…70 million people didn’t all vote for trump, they are voting against Biden and what they knew would happen. He’s been a massive failure

Like it or not, Trump was a better President than Biden. The results of governing matter. Period. Trump isn’t likable…totally understandable. And his actions after losing the election were horrible.
Just because you glossed over it doesn't mean it didn't happen. The Afghan pullout was a total failure, even if Trump made the plan Biden executed it so they both can split the blame afaic (even if you want to put it 100% on Biden idc, at that point you're just nitpicking).

Don't agree with bailing out college kids either, I think that's a temporary solution to a bigger problem which is colleges charging insane rates with no regulation to begin with. Modifying a couple lines in a textbook and then mandating a class has to use the new textbook which they gotta pay full price for.

Either way I think this country is fucked no matter whose president - god forbid Trump actually gets charged for his crimes we might actually see rednecks take up arms against the government.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:15 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Just because you glossed over it doesn't mean it didn't happen. The Afghan pullout was a total failure, even if Trump made the plan Biden executed it so they both can split the blame afaic (even if you want to put it 100% on Biden idc, at that point you're just nitpicking).

Don't agree with bailing out college kids either, I think that's a temporary solution to a bigger problem which is colleges charging insane rates with no regulation to begin with. Modifying a couple lines in a textbook and then mandating a class has to use the new textbook which they gotta pay full price for.

Either way I think this country is fucked no matter whose president - god forbid Trump actually gets charged for his crimes we might actually see rednecks take up arms against the government.
See Mooby we do share some common ground and that’s what’s great…I didn’t know we agreed on these things which I’ll file right behind the most important thing we both believe:

That both President Trump and President Biden were democratically and legitimately elected, neither colluded or were help by outside forces, these elections were never stolen from the other side and there is never doubt of the outcome.

He Gets Us
Old 09-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

Great speech calling out maga. For anyone that had an issue with that maybe you’re part of the problem.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:29 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Great speech calling out maga. For anyone that had an issue with that maybe you’re part of the problem.
^great example of the left’s game

Lets lumps together everyone from January 6 rioters to people who are pro-life, believe in 2nd amendment, believe you should have a say in your child’s education, etc. as domestic extremists; if you point out that this is dangerous demagoguery, they hit you with, "Ah, so you're a domestic extremist!"

It’s the similar game as everyone is a facist/nazi I don’t like.

He Gets Us
Old 09-02-2022, 08:32 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Unless you’re hardcore maga what are you taking offense to? He was speaking to the extremists not all Republicans.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:47 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington Post reporter calling for mass arrest of political opponents after the speech.

Totally normal for the Washington Post

He Gets Us
Old 09-02-2022, 09:00 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Biden: fascism is bad

Republicans: why are you attacking us?

Umm ok
Old 09-02-2022, 01:02 PM   #14
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Agreeing? Nah, that's boring as fuck lol. I'm now an election denier.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 06:33 PM   #15
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Where do you dig this stuff up from G1...and why? Weren't you the one accusing others of spending all weekend trying to find this type of BS?

Go fishing or something...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote