Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

We won!!!!!!!!!! (Redskins vs. Raiders Post Game Thread)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #61
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: We won!!!!!!!!!! (Redskins vs. Raiders Post Game Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
they turned the sack attack up to level 11.

griff is looking more like his healthy self each week.

if we improve the open field tackling; we're on our way.
For those keeping track

Our offense ranks 9th in the NFL.

Defense ranks 31st (with Philly being the worst)

But we rank 2nd in the league in sacks with 15. Only Kansas City has more with 18

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #62
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

So we may have a great pass rush or people are passing on us at a higher rate thus giving more sack opportunities.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #63
Green Monk Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Haslett still needs to be fired. We played a depleted raiders offense. Sure we looked good, but I'm still thinking of the Eagles, Packers and Lions putting up huge numbers on our defense. If we had played Oakland week 1 we'd all be in agreement he should be fired now. But because we have the taste of a win some fans are like " well..you know we did look good yesterday so maybe he should stay.."

No, you fire him. One good game doesn't make up for 3 bad defensive games. I don't care about the timing, it's the results I care about and we've had one good result and three bad results. Fire him now while we have 2 weeks to tweak and do whatever with the defense rather than midway through the season when you screw up more than just the defense but the teams whole mindset.
That's been the trouble with finger pointing. as soon as we have Haslett condemned, the defense has a stellar day and Kyle becomes inept. We shift focus to Kyle and Haslett reverts.
The team won against a more struggling team. Had we lost, I had my pitch fork and torches burning for weeks ready to storm the castle, but we didn't. If we lose to Dallas and or Chicago, we can pretty much pack in the season. However, if we don't, the division becomes less distant and they could set sights on getting there but it will have to make these games count.
If we get through Dallas and Chicago, we can take lumps in Denver, rebound with SD (section 221), Minn, Phil, and all of sudden these games have REAL value towards the division.
I see Denver, SF, KC, ATL as only being able to lose 3 of the 4 and the team has to fight its way through the division and elsewhere to finish 10-6.

At least for the next 2 weeks I have a glimmer of hope that hasn't been crushed.
The one thing this team is fairly well at is- knowing the path ahead and getting wins, when the Cowboys, Giants, and eagles are also known to string a bunch of losses and fail.
We just have to knock out some mighty teams and I hope with Jackson and Jenkins, Robert is getting healthy and ready to whoop some ass.
That's all I got for today- optimism
Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #64
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yeah, Coughlin may go the way of Shanahan in Denver or Reid in Philly, where they are undermined more by their personnel errors than they are by their coaching.

But don't two recent Super Bowl wins earn Coughlin a break?

How much of a break , to me his break was last year but to start at 0-4 and most likely to see at least 0-5 it is time to reevaluate . To not have an O line in this league is death ,someone has to pay Jerry Reese is also part of the blame but Gilbride and Fewell both have to go .
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #65
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL , I love this place . Congratulations on the Win ,they were never out of it and kept on fighting ,it's all you can ask of a team .
So I say the next coach of the Giants will be Cowher any other guess's, some say Chucky(Gruden) but I don't , Lovie Smith I would go for .
You guys are actually in a terrible salary cap position. I don't think you can assume Coughlin is gone.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #66
scowan
The Starter

This division is so bad that 8-8 might actually win it with Division tie-breakers. The Redskins are already 0-1 in the division department, but let's face it, no one from the NFC East is going to be a Wildcard team, so the Division title is the only way to make the playoffs. At this point 8-8 and not winning the division would be a great year after starting 0-3.

At least it seems or feels like the Redskins are improving the last couple of weeks while the rest of the divsion is staying the same or getting worse, but they have to find a way to start faster. Geez, this team can not get out of the gate at all this year.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #67
los panda
Pro Bowl

i think spurrier would be a great fit in ny
Old 09-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I would like to think, and of course only the Skins can prove this, that we have been playing near about as bad as possible, and that our ceiling is higher than the rest of the division, the team just needs a collective reset. Hopefully the bye week with a win going into it, provides that. I still think our offense is on par with the best, but they haven't shown it, and that our defense is more middle of the pack, but again they haven't shown it.

2 weeks to mull it all over.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #69
los panda
Pro Bowl

and good time for morris to get hurt, bruised ribs could/should(?) be back for dallas.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #70
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How much of a break , to me his break was last year but to start at 0-4 and most likely to see at least 0-5 it is time to reevaluate . To not have an O line in this league is death ,someone has to pay Jerry Reese is also part of the blame but Gilbride and Fewell both have to go .
Well, you are the Giants fan so in the end I leave the debate to you. I can understand the idea that re-evaluation is necessary. At the same time, a Super Bowl winning coach is very, very hard to find, and Coughlin has done it twice. You might want to be careful about declaring a divorce.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 09-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #71
12thMan
MVP

It's good to finally get a win and see some guys step up. I'm not sure what's going on with Robert, but he still doesn't like "right" and not just talking about his knee. He looks hesitant on some throws, missed a few he'd normally nail. I think/hope he'll fight through whatever he needs to. I think we'll see the old RG3 before the season's over.

London will blow up a running back for a loss, then whiff on a tackle or get toasted in coverage the following play. Can't imagine Nick Barnett being a downgrade at this point. Let the guy play.

If we win in Dallas, it's a brand new season.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #72
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

we actually had Detroit (who is a top 10 team) beat last week if it wasn't for that fumble and dropped TD. I really think we can win 8-9 games and that would probably get us the east title again. Dallas is the only threat to us
Old 09-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #73
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
For those keeping track

Our offense ranks 9th in the NFL.

Defense ranks 31st (with Philly being the worst)

But we rank 2nd in the league in sacks with 15. Only Kansas City has more with 18
Just curious....what's our offense in converting 3rd downs? Or scoring? We had 3 points at halftime against Oakland.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Just curious....what's our offense in converting 3rd downs? Or scoring? We had 3 points at halftime against Oakland.
Im curious why the offense is garbage the first half? Why are starting so slow and why RG3 has the worst QB rating in the first half in the league outside of Jacksonville?

Why does Kyle and the offense look completely unprepared the first half of games? Anybody?

He Gets Us
Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #75
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

The defense needs to stop missing tackles - that alone would improve the D by 10-20%.

The offense is still sluggish and simply not back to what it was during last year's seven game streak. In part, that is b/c (IMHO) they simply haven't been making opposing defenses play honest. Blitzing the Skins does not get teams burnt like it seemed to last year and, to me, that is on the receivers and line as much as RGIII.

I am really happy we won yesterday ... really! At the same time, that performance is simply not going to cut it against the Cowboys, Bears or (god-almighty) the Broncos. (our next three games).

If we come out of the next for games 2-2, I will be both pleased and somewhat stunned.