Barkley looks like garbage to me

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGisLordOfTheRings View Post
Barkley looks like garbage to me
I'll say it again and again.. USC QBs. Are never ever good in the NFL. Kelly was the only one.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #48
budw38
Playmaker

Re: The 2012 NCAAF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Very sad , hope he can have a normal healthy life Tulane safety fractures spine in game at Tulsa - Yahoo! Sports
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #49
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thoughts go out to him and his family at this time.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #50
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'll say it again and again.. USC QBs. Are never ever good in the NFL. Kelly was the only one.
Hey at least our QBs make it to the NFL. Palmer, Sanchez and Cassel are starters. Leinart's getting a healthy contract holding a clipboard. In fact, name me another school that has more than one former QB starting, much less three.

List of NFL starting quarterbacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Say what you will about their uneven play, all three have fat contracts (earned off previous resumes). While our guys may not be all-world, none of the 29 other starting QBs come from the same school. Unless you want me to believe Michigan, Purdue and Cal are QB factories just because of Brady, Brees and Rodgers, SC still comes out ahead in terms of numbers. Aside from Bradford, how many Sooner QBs are even on rosters right now?

Next year, Barkley will be make it five total in the league (if Carson is still playing, four will be starting). Say what you will, but no other school comes close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

my blather

Last edited by itvnetop; 09-10-2012 at 03:27 AM.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Penn State 0-2.

I love it.

They have not even gotten into the tough part of the schedule yet!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Notre Dame to join ACC in all sports except football | Richmond Times-Dispatch

ND will eventually join in football, this is huge for the ACC.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #53
Monkeydad
Living Legend

They were in the Big East, correct? At least in basketball.

I honestly don't think they'll ever join a conference in football, especially while they're getting paid huge bucks by NBC to televise their games.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #54
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Very strange news story.

Quote:
Gay Kuntz booted from football team for kissing 65 yr old bf

(AP) DICKINSON, N.D. - A concussion kept Jamie Kuntz from suiting up for his first college football game. A kiss from his much-older boyfriend at that game led the freshman linebacker to be kicked off the team, he said.

North Dakota State College of Sciences in Wahpeton acknowledges Kuntz was disciplined by the team, but says it wasn't because he is gay. Football coach Chuck Parsons told Kuntz in a letter that he was removed from the team for lying about the kiss.

Kuntz, 18, and on a partial football scholarship, left the college in southeast North Dakota this month after his dismissal from the team.

"Football didn't work out, so there was no reason to stay," said Kuntz, who lives with his mother across the state in Dickinson.

Kuntz said he and his 65-year-old boyfriend were in the press box at the game against Snow College in Pueblo, Colo., over Labor Day weekend. Kuntz was videotaping the game for the team. His Wildcats were down by more than 40 points when "the kiss just happened," he said. The team would eventually lose 63-17.

"People around here aren't exposed to it," Kuntz said of homosexuality. "People expect gays to be flamboyant, not football players."

A teammate apparently saw the kiss and told coaches, Kuntz said. When Parsons confronted Kuntz on the bus ride back to North Dakota, Kuntz told him the man he kissed was his grandfather.

"I lied," Kuntz said.

Later, he felt guilty about lying and came clean to his coach.

In a Sept. 3 dismissal letter obtained by The Associated Press, Parsons told Kuntz he was being ousted from the team under the "conduct deemed detrimental to the team" category outlined in guidelines in the team's player's manual. Parsons specifically noted the manual's section on "lying to coaches, teachers or other school staff."

"This decision was arrived at solely on the basis of your conduct during the football game; and because you chose not to be truthful with me when I confronted you about whom else was in the box with you," Parsons wrote. "Any conduct by any member of the program that would cause such a distraction during a game would warrant the same consequences."

Kuntz doesn't believe he was dismissed just for lying.

"I know if it was a girl in the press box, or even an older woman, nothing would have happened," he said. "If it was an older woman, I would have probably been congratulated for it from my teammates."

School officials told the AP that they were investigating whether this was the first such instance of someone being kicked off the football team for lying.

John Richman, North Dakota State College of Science president, said other players have been kicked off the team for various reasons, though he couldn't say whether any before had been booted specifically for lying.

"I don't know of every single case where coach Parsons has had to discipline a young man," Richman said.

Other behavior that the player's manual says could lead to dismissal includes criminal violations, fighting and repeated absences or tardiness to class. Richman said he believes Kuntz's case was handled "fairly and consistently" by the athletic department.

"I'm very confident that with the information that's been provided to me by our football coach, Chuck Parsons, by our athletic director, Stu Engen, that the thought process, the facts that were reviewed, have led them to an appropriate and the right decision in this case," Richman said Tuesday in an interview at the college.

Parsons recently joined the school's diversity council as a faculty representative, according to Sybil Priebe, an English and humanities professor who heads the council. Its programs include events for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students. Priebe said Tuesday she had not heard much about the incident with Kuntz.

Kuntz said he told his mother that he was gay at the same time he told her he was kicked off the team.

"I'm struggling with it," said Rita Kuntz, choking back tears. "I love Jamie and I'm proud of him, but I know what the school did was wrong."

Rita Kuntz said she has accepted that her son is gay, but she believes he was taken advantage of by his boyfriend, who is more than three times her son's age.

Jamie Kuntz said he met the man online more than a year ago. Kuntz said the man, whom he would not identify, lives in Colorado and the two have met there a few times in recent months.

As far as his football career, Kuntz says he's not giving up. He may pursue it as a walk-on at another university outside North Dakota.

"I miss it already," he said.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #55
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

^^ It was obvious the kid was kicked off the team because the coach was a homophobic jackass.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 09-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #56
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Thanks for showing up, Miami fans (PHOTO) | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

Wow...lol

Almost as bad as the Maryland game last year.

Maryland installs hydraulic goalposts, you know, just in case | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports
Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #57
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Notre Dame to join ACC in all sports except football | Richmond Times-Dispatch

ND will eventually join in football, this is huge for the ACC.
As an ACC fan, I'm amazed the Irish haven't joined the Big10.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #58
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Kudos to Michigan on this.

Five-year-old Cooper Barton, family get invited to Michigan-UMass game - ESPN
Old 09-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Damn Virginia Tech. Why do we always have to lose at least 1 game at the beginning of every season? And this wasn't even close. I didn't get to see the game because I was at work, but I got phone updates every time the score changed. It just seems like they started out very strong and then kept answering our scores with scores of their own.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #60
itvnetop
Playmaker

There goes our hopes. Our frosh redshirt center got absolutely destroyed today. The nerds own us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote