Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Go to a local store for lunch, grab a couple items and immediately head to the quick, "10 items or less" check out...lady in front of me checking out A) has 13 items and B) asks for a f*ckin pen.

A) rules. if it says 10 items, then 10 is the effing max. its a line for people like me, with 3 items who want to grab and go.

B) Who the f*ck writes a effing check anymore? Of course we need to write it out, let the cashier run it and record it in our little register. An addition 2 minutes to my waiting time while im staring at the other line 10 items line breeze right through. Who the f*ck writes a check? Get a effing check card.
I will actually count the items in my buggy to make sure I don't have over the "10 items or less" limit and if I'm one over, I'll go into the regular line. Occasionally if the grocery store is not busy, they'll take me in the express line no matter what, but I will let someone else go in front of me if they have a few items in their hands.

Yeah, the check writing gets me, but like I stated in the previous post, they treat checks just like they would debit cards or credit cards in the grocery stores I've been to. I've lost my debit card on a couple of occasions and had to pay with checks until the replacement card came back and the cashier told me you don't even have to fill out the check, just sign your name and their computer does the rest.