Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If I'd have posted last night, I would have been like OMGZZZ!111, but after a good night's sleep and some perspective, I was actually pleased with the play of all our depth guys with the exception of the offensive line.

You never know what you're going to get when it comes to preseason game plans. Did the Bears plan a little more? Maybe so. I thought RG3 looked pretty good as far as QBs go. Didn't get a lot of opportunities when he was running for his life. The passes he did complete I was very happy with.

Cousins looked great against backups, but you can only play the people in the game at that time and I thought he owned them. Good to see he was decisive and good to see Robinson and Briscoe step up.

In the end, Cedric Griffin is not a starting corner. Cutler just picked his ass apart. It was either a quick drop or max protect so that's part of the reason we didn't get there for pressure. I was STILL super pissed we lost over a freaking 57 yard field goal after how well Cousins did in the 2 minute drill.
Also, I noted that in the third quarter I think it was the announcers pointed out that Haslett must have gotten tired of only rushing 3 player from the line and started rushing 4 or 5 rushers which made the defense get their sacks. I'm thinking Haslett used only 3 DL cause he wanted to see how those three would play. Maybe trying to see if they could get a decent rush with just 3DL, maybe trying to decide who played the best to keep on the roster.

There is a lot of behind the scene stuff we fans don't know about, putting the defense in specific situations just to see how specific players will do. Preseason isn't all about wins.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote