Other Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: The 2012 London Summer Olympics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

It's why I like sports with objective measurables (i.e. - Who ran the fastest? Who threw it the farthest?) as opposed to judges deciding who looked the prettiest.
I agree, but then we get Chinese girls who come out and beat a World Record by a full second and her personal-best by a full 5 SECONDS in the Olympics. That does not happen naturally.

London 2012: Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen under fire after smashing world record - thestar.com

IOC hints that China’s Olympic swim star Ye Shiwen did not test positive | London 2012 | Sports | National Post

If she were an American, they would have stripped the Gold before she got to the podium. But China, again, no rules apply...just like 2008.

A 16-YO girl outswan Lochte? Sure...don't believe that report. Lochte's final time beat her by 23 seconds...she only beat him in one leg of the race by a fraction and the media has jumped all over that. If men and women were equally fast, they wouldn't have to separate into men's and women's events.

I'm not saying this girl can't possibly be that talented, but you don't improve your personal record by 5 seconds out of nowhere unless you were completely dogging it before. China has a long history of doping, especially in swimming.

I love the sports of the Olympics but this crap really gets me mad and turns me off from it. Whether it's Russian skating judges or China cheating in EVERYTHING and getting a pass, the Olympics have become a world-wide "how can we screw the USA since we can't legitimately beat them" free-for-all.

Last edited by Monkeydad; 07-31-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote