Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: CSN: "The 53: OL starters look set, battles for reserve spots"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It looks like we tried to spread the ball to the ends more than most teams. I am sure others can look at the numbers and align them to the reality, but overall, I think our line was better than most fans perception of it, and that given another year of familiarity, they will not be seen as our top weakness. (Safeties probably will claim that)
I think we can run the ball pretty well, which is cruicial. Helu and Royster ran very good for a rookie tandem and you gotta give credit to the line for some of that production.

I think we pass protect below average, which scares me a little more with a rookie back there this year. My questions in protection is this 1. Is JB gonna be a turnstile? (we will blame it on injury AGAIN if he is) 2. Can Kory L heal and return to the same level he was playing out at out the gate at year? 3. Is Silverblunt going to get serious about pass protection?

We need these 3 things to come through to say we have gotten better at pass protection...we added much need youth and depth, but you cant expect much at this point from them cause their green. I dont know if all 3 can come through, certainly we need a couple.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote