Other Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Haven't you noticed that no one is bashing the janitor who failed to report Sandusky? That guy certainly was a Joe Schmoe. The whole point of this Scandal vis-a-vis Paterno was that in failing to take decisive action Paterno fell short of the moral standard and example he had set for himself and the university, even if he had obeyed the law. He was and should have been held to a higher standard. But where did that standard come from? Well, it come from the way he had lived his life, and to just pretend that he didn't have a profoundly positive impact on thousands of football players and hundreds of thousands of students is to completely miss why Paterno's involvement in this was a news story in the first place. So while the last two months aren't forgotten and forgiven just because he died, it's perverse to just blindly deny all the positive things he accomplished in his life. Anyway, human beings - including Paterno - are genuinely complex, and rarely the type of unambiguously good/evil characters we see in movies like Star Wars. Unless these people are named NC_Skins or Firstdown, in which case they are unambiguously irritating beings who have been sent to this world solely to annoy me with their insensitive and ill-considered posts.
Poor baby, did I hurt your feelings? If you read other articles, you find that this isn't the first time that JoePa covered up something bad. I think I recall reading a article where he supposedly made this claim of rape by one of his football players go away without a proper investigation. You really think this child molestation is the first case of him covering up something bad?...lol

Again, the mere fact you put this asshole on a pedestal all because of his legend a football coach speaks about your morality and character. As for the others, when they die, I too will wish that they burn in hell just like I did with JoePa. This isn't only directed at JoePa, it's directed at ALL of them involved.

Excuse me if you have a problem with me hating child molestation, obviously you are ok with it as long as the person does other good deeds.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote