Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: The Shanaplan Gets Accelerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'm not saying he's worthless or that he has been rode hard and put away wet for a lot of years. I was refering to his age. I know he has had very little playing time and the problem is ...it's probably for a reason. I'm hedging my bet that Beck will not be that much of an improvement if at all over Grossman and the most of you all would like to see him gone. To me, Beck is a nice insurance policy as a second string QB. You guys can't tell me you guys would not be playing Newton or Dalton over Beck. Heck at this point I'd play Tebow over Beck.
Read more closely, I'm not hyping up Beck as a sure starter. In fact, the likely outcome will be a Todd Collins for us. But his lack of success at age 30 needs to account for the fact that a Mormon mission "suspended" his career. Hence, he still can add some things to his game in order to become something worth to us, either as a starter(less likely) or a backup(more likely). I stated that I would love to have our backup QB set so we don't have trot out a Kyle Boller or David Carr instead in case the "future" QB we take or find through UDFA gets hurt. Not once did I insinuate that I'd rather have Beck over Newton. But we don't have a ****ing Cam Newton here, so let's see if this guy(who came for free) can be something worthwhile here, and if he's a good backup, then that's fine, since teams do need a capable veteran backup.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote