Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
WOW - unbelievable how people jump from one week to the next.

come on people. we are 3-3, we have some tough games coming up, but I believe we are still in the running. Our division isn't as strong as it has been in the past.
I like all the questioning of players and coaches and styles and playcalling when we lose vs when we win. Its so freaking dramatic. I dont get the bashing of Cofield AT ALL. That D line is a HUGE improvement and plays pretty damn well. Carriker has 4 or 5 sacks, pretty good in my eyes. That is directly related to Cofield getting doubled in the middle.
Haslett DOES have a clue. I dont understand why people are questioning him. Our Defense is remarkably better this year. We are 2nd in the NFL on 3rd down, top 5 in sacks. WE are getting better. Another year, another draft and our D could bereally really good.

WHen hightower went down, I can't remember what the score was, but I am guessing we were down a bit. This offense has run the ball as much as most in the league, so no idea where that comes from. From what it looked like to me was Beck was out of rhythm early, and they were trying to get him going, which it looked like he started getting into a good rhythm when they moved him around a little.
As far as bringing Gaffney and Stalworth in why not? Gaffney has proven to be a quility receiver. He had a bad game last week, who doesn't. Stallworth was an invite on minimum salary and he made the team. He may be one that actually pays off now with MOss out 5 or 6 weeks.

THis turning around project isn't going to happen in one year. Throw out last year because I think they thought they had pieces to compete last year with McNabb and quickly realized they didn't. So a couple more drafts and offseasons is when I am looking to make that move and be playoff contenders and super bowl contenders. I rather us to build through the draft, aquire a FA here and there to fill out a young talented roster and compete.

WE ARE headed in the right direction. Look at last year to this year, Defenese alone is leaps and bounds better.
two of the wins were against the rams and the cards. we're headed in the right direction but we have a real long way to go.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote