Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

If Peyton were traded....

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
skinster
Impact Rookie

If Peyton were traded....

From my perspective, the race for luck looks like a brawl between maimi and indy. Lets say hypothetically, indy gets luck, and looks to shop manning. What do you think the colts could get for him in return? He is peyton manning after all, but then again by the superbowl of next year he'll have 36 years, 11 months (I'm going to round up to 37), he'll be coming off a year of not playing, coming into a new system, and coming out of his third neck surgery. I don't think the price tag is really going to be that large. I'd say just a first rounder and maybe one other pick (3rd at the highest...unless its a high 1st rounder). I think the only teams that would make this trade would have to have management with a history of agressive moves, and a management that thinks peyton gives them good odds at winning a superbowl that year, and the next year. I'd say that leaves the seahawks, the redskins, the jets, and the ravens are the only candidates. My/your opinion on if peyton gives these teams good odds for a sb is irrelevant, its if they believe it. I'd say the jets, the ravens, and the redskins are the 3 biggest possibilities. All solid defenses with something missing in the offense. I don't think I have to argue how dramatically peyton manning impacts the offense of his team. For the skins its a matter of if we think peyton still has it, and how long shanny plans on sticking around to coach the skins. If he planning on being here for 10 years or so, I say he doesn't do it. For the ravens/jets its obvious what the conditions are. Its if they think peyton still has it, and if they want to sign their respective qbs to long term deals. If the ravens/jets make it, it would probably be a 3 way trade with their qb getting dealt to a 3rd party.

Hypothetically, if the colts decide to "eli manning" luck, I think they would get a ton. Probably that years draft class and two more first rounders. Jay cutler got two first and a third. A younger, more highly touted, better perceived, more marketable, less expensive option would get significantly more.

For the record, I think the colts would be crazy not to draft keep luck and deal manning. This is business, to sacrifice 10 years of contending for 2 is insane.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote