Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Keeper League question

Fantasy Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
itvnetop
Playmaker

Keeper League question

Do any of you guys have experience in keeper leagues? The reason I'm asking is that a league I'm in is switching to one this year, with the understanding that last year's draft picks can be kept. The commissioner's keeper rules are that you can keep 2 or 3 players from the previous year- if you keep a 3rd player, you lose your first round pick.

I'm wondering if I'm in the wrong asking for a vote regarding the keeper setup. The commissioner allows anyone from the previous year to be kept, including last year's first and second round picks. I did some research and it seems most keeper leagues have a restriction of anyone from the first 2 rounds (sometimes first 3). Am I wrong to assume that second and third tier players are going to be bumped up into the first round if there isn't a 1st/2nd round restriction?

I also had an issue with the lack of a draft pick penalty round. From the research I did, most keeper leagues had at least a 1 round penalty for any player you kept last year (from his previous draft round). His argument for no penalty was to keep the league "as simple as possible" for the first year of our keeper league. My rebuttal was asking him if subtracting 1 from a numeric value (aka round) was too complex for everyone.

The commissioner has been painting me as some kind of rebel rouser, trying to disrupt the league "fun." His view point is that keeper rules are an executive decision and that "everything shouldn't be up for a vote." My argument is that keeper rules are indeed a league issue, especially when I think his setup makes absolutely no sense. While I do understand that all keeper leagues have different rules, multiple publications showed definite similarities/standards that foster a sensible way to run a keeper league. Do I have a legitimate argument? Or am I relying too much on internet research?

Sorry for the wall of text... any input is appreciated. I'm new to the whole keeper thing and personal experience would give me perspective.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote