Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #11
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: To All The Liberals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
And to all my conserative brothers here, it's time to put up or shut up for the Tea Party and the Republican Party. Now that campaign and talk tough season is over and you control the House of Representatives, I want to see what your side does about cutting spending, lowering taxes, too much debt. Don't start another damn Obama sucks thread until your party delivers on all of this talk about big government and spending programs.

What I do know is that your party won't touch defense spending like Robert Gates has already started to do at the Pentagon. They won't touch Veteran's benefits or entitlement programs, i.e. Social Security. They won't vote against lowering the debt ceiling, which has gone up under both administrations. I'll bet they won't. More tough talk from can't do, won't do, won't even try politicians peddling busllsh*t dressed up as conservatives.
Awwww. Someone is annoyed. I'm hearing that song... "so ya had a bad day...." Just because the Democrats jumped into office under enormous clout in '08 and pushed a bunch of shit through doesn't mean it was good legislation. But hey, y'all didn't waste a good crisis, that's for sure. By the way, Obama's former seat in Illinois just got taken by a Republican.

For the record I'm a registered Independent and have been for a few months now (was Republican since 2000). The US political system is such crap right now. I want what's good for America, and I definitely lean right, but I can't align myself with either party at this point.

But this administration is a trainwreck, and the people are speaking, just like they did two years ago. But of course, it will be spun that the economy is so effed up because of the Bush years, that the people are simply impatient and knee-jerk voted Republican today because Obama didn't give us an immediate 180.

Blah Blah Blah. You had your supermajority. No one is impressed.