Pasta Belly's Weekly Redskin Commentary

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #11
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Re: Pasta Belly's Weekly Redskin Commentary

Daseal:

Who went out and signed Coles to that huge contract? That would be Danny Boy. So, no matter how much you think Gibbs and his offense are futile and ineffective, Danny Boy has to share the blame for having Coles here. He brought him here under the impression that he would be playing in the Fun 'n Gun for 5 years; then that didn't exactly pan out. And I'll bet money that Danny Boy never went to Coles and told him that he was nudging OBC out the door and the offense was going to change.

Coles is not blameless here and neither is Gibbs. But Danny Boy has dirty hands too.

Beemnseven:

If Gibbs calls all the football shots, why have both he and Vinny said that when they disagree, they go to Danny Boy and Danny Boy makes the call? If Gibbs were actually in charge, he would make his decision and tell Vinny to pound sand up his ass if Vinny didn't like it. But that's not the way it works and so Gibbs is NOT making all the football decisions. In the long run, that is NOT going to help the Redskins.

memphisskin:

The WRs on this team are very substandard compared to the rest of the league. Changing out two of them might make it worse - especially if Danny Boy chooses the two new ones on his own - but it might make the group a lot better. If the Skins go into next year with an unhappy Coles as the #1 guy and the stupefyingly ordinary Gardner as the #2 guy, why should anyone expect to see any significantly better results next year? I know, somebody is going to say that Ramsey will be the QB all year next year. OK, maybe that will make the offense better, but not a lot. In the final half of the year in 2004, Ramsey didn't exactly light up the scoreboards around the league...

That Guy:

BTW, S. Moss is late into his first contract and he might well be expecting a nice payday either to come here to play next year or certainly the year after that. So, Danny Boy will have the opportunity to heave a load of cash at hem in the near future too. That will help the cap problem down the road...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote