Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
^ I think this is where Bungie does a good job with Halo and keeping you grouped with "like" skill level players. Even if you completely suck at MW2 over time you will reach level 70 but in Halo with Bunge's scoring system only the best reach the highest level, which is normally that annoying 15 year old so I never have to play him.
See, Battlefield Heroes does the same thing, but I end up getting put there with the same douchebags.

When I criticize them for saying the word "noob" (I'm sorry, but that word is my least favorite word in the English language) they are like, "How old are YOU then?"

When I explain I'm 28, they act like I should be sitting around in my top hat drinking brandy. I'll never stop playing video games. I enjoy them and they're like any other hobby that's considered "adult". My problem with the word noob is that it's SO meaningless. They use it as nouns, verbs, adjectives and it's just so stupid. Like people get bent out of shape when they get called it on a game and I'm just like . It's a game. I know I'm totally wrong in even attempting this, but sometimes if I can stop ONE person from ever saying noob again I feel like I've accomplished something.

I can't even play MW2 because of the little idiots I hear on their headsets thinking they're comedians. Battlefield Heroes has people who say "last kill" or post their stats at the end of the game. Like anyone gives a shit. Grrr.

[/rant]