Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

What a frustrating game that was. That was right down there with the 0-4 Redskins falling to the 0-4 Cowboys on Monday Night Football back in 2001. I think the score may have been the same, or close to it.

There are positives we can take from this game. But no one wants to hear that, especially not in this thread. So let's start smacking people down.

Rocky McIntosh That was painful watching him Carlos that interception. Just brutal

Injuries Feel awful for Chad Rinehart and Betts. Betts is done for the year (I believe) and Chad could be too. Welcome back Marcus Mason! And you know I'm a big Edwin Williams fan, and I thought he held up fairly well. Still, for the sake of his and the line's development, we need Chad in there.

Shaun Suisham Let me be clear here, I'm only smacking him for the missed field goal at the end of the 1st half. The entire final 45 seconds of the half should get smacked-from Zorn on down to the referees it was just ugly. It was a microcosm of the game

Stupid GameDay Posts Some people are ridiculous. I find myself wanting to win more so to shut up fellow Redskins fans than fans of other teams.

Forcing Suisham to Attempt a 50 Yard Field Goal Notice I didn't say the miss. The problem was what happened before the miss. We're up 6-0 on the road in the 4th quarter and we're 3-6. Additionally, our QB has been perfect (I think 10-10) on 3rd down all day. You've just run it twice to force a 3 and 2. The minute Campbell handed the ball off to Rock I was against that decision. Again, we're 3-6. And we just ran it twice.

Why not show some aggression, some fire, some passion, some desire to put the game away and win (not just not lose)? Play action pass that sucker. Go 5 wide. Whatever. Just don't do another simple draw again. And I know the response is "well what about a turnover or sack?" To which I say "3-6. Take some damn chances!"

Well, it's on to Philly now. And I guess one positive is this should allay fears people had that we might start winning and Vinny and Zorn would stay