Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #20
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Opening Day draft grade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
both recievers picks were a waste. we need help at safety where we could have gotten kenny phillips whome we will see playing for the giants thursday night.
Great post.
Given huge hole that ST's death has created in the center of our defensive backfield, and combined with my opinion that that Doughty is not the long term answer, I have serious concerns about our defense. I hope I am wrong.
Doughty has to be protected and former coach Williams was a master of helping Doughty, Doughty is the weak link. Our defense has holes that will be exploited at times this year. I am worried about the most basic skill a decent defense has to have, stop the run. I do not see the players there, namely our depth on defensive line, LB's and most importantly safety IMO is very suspect.
And our FO decided to go offense on most of our picks this year. Picking a second string TE high is a luxory pick a super bowl contender uses, not the current Redskins.
Plus add in that our backup WR's outplayed our awesome WR draft picks.
One telling fact is if you put S. Moss, ARE and Doughty on a draft board, it is clear who the lesser player and weakness is.
It is not good in the short term and a risky gamble to cut better players in favor of draft picks that are not playing well right now. We may have some misfires early in the season. I hope not.

Last edited by Defensewins; 09-02-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote