Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #11
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Re: F... Dish Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You paid too have the dish installed? I thought all of these Co. had install so many boxes and dish for free deals. You may be stuck if you had to sign a contract for a certain amount of time.
Yeah, I had agreed to an 18 month commitment with a $300 early termination fee.

But... I talked to 6 different people, and had to call the legal department of Dish Network but in the end, it worked. They refunded my installation fee and dissolved my 18 month contract with dish network without charging me the $300 early termination fee. I had to argue my ass off. I was on the phone with this prick who said the following interesting things:

1. Have you tried using a regular air antenna? my reply: (Why the fuck should I have to strap some other ugly thing on the outside of my house, I already have two damn satellite dishes)
2. Where in your legally binding contract does it say that you will get local channels in HD? my reply: (There was no written contract presented at the time of agreement as it was EXPLAINED TO ME OVER THE PHONE BY YOUR IDIOT SALES REP)
3. We are going to charge the account you used for your last payment for $399 for the early contract termination. my reply: (Good, do that. And when I get my lawyer and sue your ass for breach of contract, how long do you think it's going to take for you to get fired for doing that?)
4. Well, what do you want me to do about it? my reply: (Get this shit turned off and out of my fucking house immediately.)

Long story short, no termination fee and I get the installation charges back so whatever. If anyone needs the number to Dish Corporate offices (the only ones who can release you from your contract) here it is: 1-888-241-2195. They're located in Denver, CO.

So now I have to call DirecTV and see what I can get there...

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote