Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

TheWarpath.net: How You Can Help

Playbook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

TheWarpath.net: How You Can Help

Just to piggyback on Daseal's "thinning the herd" thread here is a list of things you can do to help continue TheWarpath.net's long standing tradition of being a quality site.

Follow these guidelines and I guarantee success (or your money back)

1. Read Before You Write-take just 10 minutes to search the threads to make sure you’re not posting a duplicate

2. If You Have News To Report, Provide Some Validity. My friend’s neighbor knows a guy who works at a diner that was serving some lady who said she knew Joe Salavea’s 3rd grade teacher’s boyfriend’s golf buddy is not valid.

3. Write Legibly. Spellcheck. Use paragraphs, commas, periods, etc.

4. Watch Your Language. “Brunell f*cking sucks” may be your opinion but it’s not as likely to warrant any worthy discussion whereas “Brunell hasn’t shown the ability to attack the middle of the field deep and I think that’s the result of him not stepping up in the pocket” is.

5. Stop Talking About Brunell. Really, what I mean is don’t overkill topics.

6. Argue With The Post, Not The Poster.

7. Step Away From The Computer. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. After a loss everyone wants to jump on the site, which is great but often times (most times) emotions overrule coherence and cause the most tension on this site. The site will still be here tomorrow, take a day to regroup then come back and post sensibly.

8. Have Fun Here. I’m sure we all have bigger concerns in life than whether Rocky or Holdman is starting.

9. Let The Mods Help. PM us with concerns you have, we mods talk often privately to try to resolve concerns members bring up and brainstorm new ideas.