Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2022, 07:03 PM   #15
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Ukraine mega thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We given 50B to Ukraine this year, and a lot of that was equipment and training. Not cash money.

It still cost us 50 billion dollars. Doesn't really matter what form the money turns into. Me personally, I don't think there are any good options dealing with a lunatic like Putin. But I'd rather it be our money than our soldiers. So I haven't been complaining about this. But I think you could make arguments against spending all of this money on Ukraine. In regards to Zelenskyy, he has been President since May 2019. Russia didn't invade until this year. I was talking about his presidency as a whole, not saying he has done a bad job in regards to Russia specifically.

Trump gave farmers 51.2 BILLION in 2020 even though the farmer net income increased 4% that year. Thats just vote buying.

I don't support this. I don't think the federal government should be subsidizing any private businesses/industries.

52 BILLION per year to stay in Afghanistan .. and yall wanted us to stay in afghanistan

I absolutely did not want us to stay in Afghanistan!!!!!!

My main point I was trying to make was, that even if I absolutely hated Zelenskyy and our handling of Ukraine, if I was in congress, I'd still go to this and stand the fuck up, then listen like an adult.

P.S.

- I am not anti-Ukraine
- I have always cared about the budget and deficits.
I’d say that it would probably cost more than $50 billion to not do anything. No matter what fighting for democracy is going to cost $.