Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2022, 11:07 PM   #11
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Media Bias

Ok listening to Smerconish (Why I'm using this thread) this morning got me going. So the subject was should the US adopt the same law New Zealand has in respect to nicotine/cigarettes? It bans the sale of nicotine products to anyone born after a certain year with the intent of having nicotine completely illegal in NZ in a couple of generations). His poll responders were about 50/50. The health risks and costs of cigarettes were the driving arguments for banning them. Now that said I think donuts to dollars that most of those wanting to go that route also were supportive of legalizing marijuana. However, smoking marijuana has more health risks than smoking cigarettes. I just don't get how people think. One thing a ban movement would have is financing as I'm sure the Mexican drug cartels would be willing to support an effort to outlaw cigarettes.

Note - I've never smoked (anything), don't like smoking and nag people I love that smoke to quit, but think it would be the dumbest move since alcohol prohibition if the US ever did ban cigarettes.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote