Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #10
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I gotta gate keep a bit here. If you dont have kids in public school, if youre not a parent ... I dont give opinions from non parents much weight. You could very well be a parent and im sure many parents would agree with you.

Here, without knowing the specific circumstances ... without being a parent of a gay kid .. i think we know so little of actual facts that our perceptions shape how we view this lil blurb.

But go ahead and do the fox news conservative gas lamp thing and make this one comment from a professor re a family you know nothing about as proof positive that all schools are indoctrinating "our children"

Its clear you view being gay as some negative affliction and that kids arent born gay but are indoctrinated in some learned behavior

if you dont think people are born gay ... i have zero interest in hearing anything you have to say re gay rights

Yeah, I'm a parent, and I have kids in public schools. And I could care less if you give my opinion much weight. You obviously don't read what I write. You just want to bring up shit like Fox News as if that has anything to do with anything I said. And I mentioned nothing about schools indoctrinating kids.

This lady literally said she works with kids as young as 3 who may identify as transgender or non-binary, helping them with their gender journey, helping them understand the risks and benefits of medical intervention.... Explain to me how that is just fine?

This isn't a "gay rights" issue, this is a "kids rights" issue , or a "lets let kids be kids" issue. Like I said, it's hard enough for kids to grow up and find themselves, but to be encouraging certain genders before they have even sniffed puberty is idiotic. Let's take the kids on a journey to Alice in Wonderland, not on a journey to Alice Wonders What She Is...

Feel free to believe that people are born gay. That's your prerogative. I do not. There are studies that support both sides of the argument, and based on that you can choose a side, but you can't say definitively that people are born gay. You choose to believe people are born gay, and I choose to believe otherwise. And that's ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Does that include the 1 or 2 kids out of 200 who want to wear dresses as boys?

or is it the old conservative "individual freedom for me and my flock but not for thee".

conservatives ... hypocrites in everything

Let kids be kids - applies to all kids. I used my own kid as an example.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote