Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2022, 09:03 AM   #11
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

I have to say, these threads have been pretty entertaining this morning. Thanks for all who have contributed.

Honestly, it saddens me that we can't do better (all sides) with who we put on the ballots. Normal people have no chance anymore. It's the richest, most connected, most willing to do back-door deals who get seats at the table now. None of these politicians represent the average American anymore. Until we get back to nominating candidates that truly represent what Americans value, and who can compromise for the greater good of the whole country, we'll continue to have threads like this on forums all over the country, where people who could probably all hang out in a backyard grilling and throwing a few back, will be at each other's throats defending the asshole they had to vote for because they had no other choice - in their mind.

People say they want religion out of politics. That's fine and I understand that sentiment. But you have to have people with morals. I know that not all religious people have morals (see Catholic Priest issue over the last several decades), but I think most do, so I'm not against someone touting their Christianity, or whatever their faith, while running for office. It's part of who they are. There are those who will fake it (Trump), but there are plenty who are genuine.

Anyway, I honestly don't get why Trump would run again. It's going to be a disaster if he does, and who will he run against. There's no way Biden runs again - he doesn't even know where the bathroom is anymore.

We gotta do better - all sides. I just want to be excited about who I'm voting for, and I haven't felt like that in a long time. It truly comes down to who do I think is the lesser of two evils and cross my fingers, or don't exercise my right to vote. Neither is a good choice.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote