Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Grocery store meat departments.

This is a national problem, not just a local one.

Two fold.

I went to Giant last night to get 1 lb of ground beef as my taco dinner kit instructed me to.

1. why the fuck is there never just 1 lb ground beef packages? Why are they always 1.34 or 1.27 lbs? I dont think i have ever had or tasted my tacos as Old El Paso wants me to. That extra .34 of ground beef most assuredly dillutes the taco seasoning that was intended for 1 lb only. No wonder my tacos taste meaty vs taco-y. This just isnt me being nit picky. Ive heard many of people complain about this.

2. Every package was exactly weighed out to 1.34 lbs. Like 8 of em. Im calling bull shit. So youre telling me that your butcher guy has this magical ability to exactly weigh the same ground beef every single time. Like every single time he goes to separate a pound or so of ground beef he always magically nails 1.34 lbs?

Or, alternatively, he doesnt want to have input the numbers for each individual label for each individual weigh and says fuck it, Ill just make all the labels 1.34 lbs.

Fuck it indeed. Who needs flavorful tacos as they are intended or to not be ripped off for paying for 1.34 lbs of ground beef when really you probably got like 1.23 lbs. Fuck it.
Not being a smart ass here but there are! This pic is from Costco but many grocery stores carry brands very similar. Giant does have their own looks very much like this one.Many are over becuase "after cooking" they are 1 pound.