Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: trump Impeachment...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I could sit here and nitpick about how McConnell made up the rule about how Obama can't pick a SC nominee during his last year in office because they don't have the time to properly vet the nominee, and then turn around and speed rush Trump's nominees through, but we all know you guys are just making up the rules as you go.

I could also point out how each senator is going to take an oath to judge the impeachment trial impartially, yet McConnell and Graham have both already said they will be acting as the President's defense (and so will the rest of the Republican majority, despite the Senate oath to act as the jury). Republicans have literally prioritized protecting the president above the Constitution of the United States of America (you know, that holy document that allows you the right to bear arms).

In case you forgot:

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...hmentRules.pdf

I could also point out how every single impeachment trial in the Senate has called witnesses, yet your leaders have already said they won't call any witnesses or listen to new evidence.

I could also point out how the entire Republican argument has always gone back to Trump's defense that this is a sham, without debating any of the 8 witnesses who testified in front of the house under penalty of perjury. Your entire argument literally rests on the theory that anyone who hates Trump is biased and therefore is an unreliable witness.

I could also point out how Trump was not willing to testify, or let anyone from the executive office testify in front of the House in defense of their actions.

In any court of law this would all be major red flags. Trump gets to claim executive privilege though. Congratulations, you've succesfully made the position of POTUS entirely above the law. Hope that double standard applies with the next Democratic president.

I could also point out how Republicans have succesfully introduced partisanship to every branch of gov't, from Congress, from the judiciary system, to the highest court of the land, to the intelligence community, to the law enforcement community, all the way down to the state and county level with gerrymandering.

Enjoy your day gents, because it certainly won't last forever. I just hope we get to play by the same rules you have introduced. Winning is the name of the game, even at the expense of half of America.

Trump has already lowered the credibility and respect of this country and the Office of the President around the World with his lies and crooked dealings but if Chief Justice Roberts doesn't control this shit show trump will succeed in bringing down the SCOUS. He will have officially destroyed the country.