Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Chico man. Your hatred towards the left and your obliviousness towards the right is amazing. Especially when everything you hate about the left is EXACTLY what the right does on a minute to minute basis. I suggest you go outside, take a cold shower, come back inside, and take a fresh look at what is actually happening in this country.
This isn't about right or left...Ive been critical of the bias coverage of Fox News which I think their slant is dishonest. Just as I would of MSNBC.

But one thing I have accepted is Fox and MSNBC will continue to serve their bubble. Fine. What I don't think is fine is how biased presentation/information has now seeped into mainstream media organizations where center should be what we expect. Lay out the facts and let the viewer decide. Opinion Editorials are fine as back page filler, labeled properly, etc. but what we see is editorials presented a factual news...which it is not. It starts there and goes all the way up to Fake News. This isn't only the nightly news, this is news shows and morning news shows. If your gonna talk issues, present facts...if your gonna talk about the issues, then coverage should be fair.

If you look at Fox news and can identify issues you have problems with...whether is language choice, editorial opinions past as factual news, not presenting all relative facts, limited context, not presenting all sides arguments, misleading stats, negative slant, etc....which Im sure you could easily do. By taking the same scope...do it for MSNBC coverage...it might be tougher for you, but I sure you could.

We live in an age of information overload...I think its important to be able to discern what we see and hear. Now when it comes to politicians...bullshit reigns right?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote