Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Warpath Rocks!

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

The Warpath Rocks!

Don't know if this is the right place to post this or if this thread makes sense.

A little background, born in 1961 in Southern California, I was a Los Angeles Ram fan like everyone else following sports since the age of 6. Sick
of being a sheep I adopted San Francisco 49er fandom in 1972. I always supported my 49ers, publicly humiliating myself wearing at least a 49er hat
through three 2-14 seasons (1978,1979,2004). I played football as a kid through D3 College so I figure I knew the game as good as any fan.

With the internet age (I got online because of business reasons in 1995)
I wasn't so proud of my fellow 49er fans and their thinking, first on DumpYork.com and the 49erWebzone, on the later I was branded a racist because I found fault with Colin Kaepernick's game even in 2012. Also I belonged to some business related forums, where I felt people are typing
crap they would never say to someone's face. I try to respect people and hear them out, even if I don't share their views.

I moved to Central Virginia starting in 2011 (made a few cross country trips finishing in mid 2012) I always admired the Diesel, maybe that was being selfish as we were built the same, I was 6' 230 and white in my heyday.
Anyway I figured since I now live in Central Virginia I would adopt the Redskins as my second favorite team.

Of all the websites I have been a member of this seems to be the best!
While people have different views here they seem to respect each other's opinion. Maybe that is because the people running the site are setting the tone. I seem to be following the Redskins more than the 49ers these days,
and soon I think I can call myself a Redskin fan.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote