Other Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #11
itvnetop
Playmaker

Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKRat View Post
Yeah the local media pundits who think every team here is a potential dynasty are already babbling endlessly about how great of a matchup this is for the Wizards, because they beat Chicago two of three times. ???

The two wins were both relatively close, and back in January when the Bulls had just traded Luol Deng and they were 17-19 at the time. Since then the Bulls have gone 31-15 and are a very tough defensive team and very well coached. Plus the last time they played it was embarrassing, like 58-26 at the half for the Bulls.
How can the local media even begin to speak of a potential dynasty? After their first round series with the Bulls in the 90s, Jordan also predicted the same for this team. Since then, Webber was shipped away for the AARP version of Mitch Richmond, the following (and current) genius GM passed on Steph Curry and Ricky Rubio for a one year rental of Randy Foye and Mike Miller and a wild west card game dispute served as the Coup de grâce.

I like the new squad, however... but not ready to crown 'em just yet. Not especially with the old FO regime still in place.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote