Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Theory on the D-Line

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #1
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Theory on the D-Line

If you read my profile you will find out that I am from western PA. More times than I like to admit to I am stuck watching the Pittsburgh Squeelers. Even though I do not like them I do have to give them credit on there defensive ability.

In my opinion the squeelers did not have an outstanding secondary in a long time, and roughly 2 years ago they were exposed badly by the NE Pats. So how did they have a good defense with out a good secondary. This is my theory, which will be torn apart I am sure, there D-Line and Linebackers put so much presure on the QB that he did not have time to make good decisions and accurate throws, therefor there secondary only had to be sub-par.

How does this tie in to the Redskins? Well in my opinion I believe that our secondary can keep up with most if not all recievers we face this year. Our linebacking core has the ability to be one of the best cores in the league. Then there is our sub-par D-line, the only trouble spot of our defense.

With our secondary and linebackers we should be able to give our sub-par D-line help to get to the QB, either from blitzing our safty or by giving our D-line time to get to the QB from covering the other teams recievers so well that the QB can not make a suitable pass.

I too feel that we need help on the D-line, but apparently Gibbs feels that the talent that we have on the D-line will work. Accepting the fact that Gibbs has 3 Super Bowl rings who am I to argue.
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote