Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Pacquiao v. Marquez 3

Other Sports

Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Pacquiao v. Marquez 3

Anybody watch the fight? Lotta folks think Marquez got robbed on that one. And I kind of agree, I think it would've been Marquez if he hadn't let Pacqy step up in the 12th. I think it should've been a draw at worst though. Pacqy came on strong towards the end but it didn't look like enough after Marquez really set the edge from the 2nd onward.

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Pacquiao v. Marquez 3

Being liberal I'd say that you could give pacman 5 rounds...
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

The latter rounds were scored towards Paccy, but I wasn't seeing it. He was landing some punches, but Marquez was doing a great job of anticipating. Like I said though, Marquez allowed Paccy to come on strong in the 12th, and that probably cost him a split decision at minimum.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
warpaint
The Starter

I would have to call it a draw but great action I loved it. Much better than the free UFC fight much better. With Pacs fight last night do you think he can beat floyd? I have little doubt now Floyd aint no chump he is just a POS.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
I would have to call it a draw but great action I loved it. Much better than the free UFC fight much better. With Pacs fight last night do you think he can beat floyd? I have little doubt now Floyd aint no chump he is just a POS.
Floyd is a still a bitch for refusing to agree this long, but no doubt a fight between the two would definitely be up for debate. After last night Floyd has to be thinking, where do I sign up? No way he's scared of Paccy after last night.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Floyd is a still a bitch for refusing to agree this long, but no doubt a fight between the two would definitely be up for debate. After last night Floyd has to be thinking, where do I sign up? No way he's scared of Paccy after last night.
Agreed. If there will every be a time its now. The way Pac fought last night he gives floyd some confidence that he can win. It could just be that Marquez just has the perfect style to go against Manny. I do want to see floyd busted up and on the floor. Can you imagine how he would react after a loss that would be a must see moment that may never happen.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Marquez has always been a tough fight for Pac Man. I watched the fight as well, I do feel Manny won. I would have been okay with a draw, because it seems like Marquez has just always had his number.

I don't think Floyd and Manny will ever happen. It is a fight of a lifetime but I don't think it will happen. Kind of reminds me of Rocky vs Apollo in Rocky 1. Floyd is like apollo creed with the perfect, unbeaten record, and he is taking a huge risk fighting a guy like Manny. Also like Rocky in the fact that Floyd completley thinks Manny would be an easy fight for him....