When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #946
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
People need to start getting serious about term limits for Congress in both houses. If would help break the lobbyists and special interest strangle holds
Unfortunately they would just find other ways. For example the promise of jobs after your second term would Skyrocket and if they made laws to protect against that then there would be ways to get around that law, and so on and so on and so on. I'm a big supporter of term limits not so much because of special interests but because it's not supposed to be a job it's supposed to be a civic duty that pays well. you go in stand up and be counted. protect the public that voted you in and you leave and you go back to doing a job. like G1 accused me of these guys in the political class have zero to 10% clue of what real life is. they only know it as they've created it in their mind.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #947
Giantone
Gamebreaker

For Something Different, I am sure the NRA will be happy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/0f13233...80%99-law.html

Surveillance video obtained by The Post shows McGlockton walking up to Michael Drejka, 47, who was arguing with McGlockton’s girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, 24, over a handicapped parking spot at the Circle A Food store on Sunset Point Road in Clearwater on Thursday.

Detectives from the sheriff’s office said Jacobs had parked her 2016 Chrysler 2000 in a handicapped spot without a permit, leading to the argument with Drejka that prompted a witness to alert a clerk inside.

That’s when McGlockton, who is black, exited the store and approached Drejka, shoving him violently to the ground with both hands, surveillance video shows. While still on the ground, Drejka, who is white, then pulled out a gun and shot McGlockton, firing a single round that struck him in the chest, deputies said.

The young father then staggered back into the store and collapsed in front of the couple’s 5-year-old son, who is named after McGlockton, Jacobs told the Tampa Bay Times. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:44 PM   #948
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
For Something Different, I am sure the NRA will be happy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/0f13233...80%99-law.html

Surveillance video obtained by The Post shows McGlockton walking up to Michael Drejka, 47, who was arguing with McGlockton’s girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, 24, over a handicapped parking spot at the Circle A Food store on Sunset Point Road in Clearwater on Thursday.

Detectives from the sheriff’s office said Jacobs had parked her 2016 Chrysler 2000 in a handicapped spot without a permit, leading to the argument with Drejka that prompted a witness to alert a clerk inside.

That’s when McGlockton, who is black, exited the store and approached Drejka, shoving him violently to the ground with both hands, surveillance video shows. While still on the ground, Drejka, who is white, then pulled out a gun and shot McGlockton, firing a single round that struck him in the chest, deputies said.

The young father then staggered back into the store and collapsed in front of the couple’s 5-year-old son, who is named after McGlockton, Jacobs told the Tampa Bay Times. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
Nobody is happy at a death of a 5yo's parent.

That said, i wonder why race was brought into it, i wonder why the shooters age and the female's age were listed but not the man who "violently" pushed the other man down i wonder if the violent man was physically more imposing then the 47 yo, i wonder if it would have happened had they not parked illegally, i wonder if the 47yo man was handicapped in some way and had a reason to need that spot, i wonder if the other man could have had a permit to carry and instead of initiating an altercation by pushing, would the two guns have settled things down since neither would legally be the first to use one (MADD gun ownership theory).

Basically i wonder if the report could have been more slanted but i dont think so.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #949
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Nobody is happy at a death of a 5yo's parent.

That said, i wonder why race was brought into it, i wonder why the shooters age and the female's age were listed but not the man who "violently" pushed the other man down i wonder if the violent man was physically more imposing then the 47 yo, i wonder if it would have happened had they not parked illegally, i wonder if the 47yo man was handicapped in some way and had a reason to need that spot, i wonder if the other man could have had a permit to carry and instead of initiating an altercation by pushing, would the two guns have settled things down since neither would legally be the first to use one (MADD gun ownership theory).

Basically i wonder if the report could have been more slanted but i dont think so.
No more slanted then your opinion.

So killing someone over a handicap parking space is cool ,I get it.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #950
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I simply don’t understand how that video is lawful. Instead of pulling the gun the guy should have called the police and the victim should have been charged with simple assault. That law needs to change.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #951
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I simply don’t understand how that video is lawful. Instead of pulling the gun the guy should have called the police and the victim should have been charged with simple assault. That law needs to change.
Exactly, seems that everyone agrees the one man was pushed to the ground and that the other man had no weapon of any kind,none.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #952
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

But defending yourself from a young physically fit man(regardless of race) who has attacked you isnt cool. Got it.

Keep in mind, I doubt that the guy introduced himself and said he had a 5yo in the store and i am sorry we parked in a handicapped spot. Its nice to add facts after the event happens, but in the moment all this guy knew is whatever the lady had said to him and that this guy came out and attacked him.

I am sorry the man lost his life and especially that the children lost their father.

Finally, I wonder if it would have happened if the initial interaction between the lady and man included the woman apologizing and parking in a different spot.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #953
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Do you know if the woman had threatened that her man would hurt him if he didnt leave? Do you know that the guy on the ground had time to stop and frisk him to find out if he had weapons.
Hindsight is great for fact finding but when your on the ground and a man half your age comes at you, i think you should have the right to defend yourself

I see it now, guy gets attacked, puts his hand up and says wait good sir, may i please call the police and report your actions. And of course the attacker says, oh why of course please report me. I am so glad you are a civic minded individual.

You are talking seconds to react to a guy who came out of the story, attacked you, and had the upper hand to hurt you more if he chooses.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #954
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Look at the time between when he gets pushed down to the hesitation between firing (at least 4 seconds). Ignoring the fact that the guy backed off after he pushed him down, he literally sat there and pondered his next move, before he decided to fire. That's insane. Yeah there was shock from being unexpectedly pushed but that should dissipate after a few seconds, then he should reassess the situation (am I still being physically attacked? No. Is my life in imminent danger? No). Instead he hesitated, then shot a guy standing there who clearly had no intention of continuing on with a sucker punch or anything like that.

That law is fucked. Waiting for the day when some guy gets shot because someone felt they were being looked at in a threatening manner.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #955
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Do you know if the woman had threatened that her man would hurt him if he didnt leave? Do you know that the guy on the ground had time to stop and frisk him to find out if he had weapons.
Hindsight is great for fact finding but when your on the ground and a man half your age comes at you, i think you should have the right to defend yourself

I see it now, guy gets attacked, puts his hand up and says wait good sir, may i please call the police and report your actions. And of course the attacker says, oh why of course please report me. I am so glad you are a civic minded individual.

You are talking seconds to react to a guy who came out of the story, attacked you, and had the upper hand to hurt you more if he chooses.
If you're going to carry in public to protect yourself, you need to be able to keep a cool head in situations like this.

I get that the guy was in shock from being pushed to the ground unexpectedly, but if he had waited just a couple seconds to collect his breath the tension probably would've deescalated. Instead look at the hesitation between when he draws and when the guy staggers backward after being shot. He literally sat there, hesitated (probably thinking do I do this?... yes) then shot him.

Was his life in immediate danger? No. But he wasn't thinking rationally, as soon as he got pushed he went into DEFCON 5 and decided to eliminate the threat. That is not the sign of a rational, intelligent gun owner. That's the sign of a guy who carries because he's just waiting for the shit to pop off (no metaphor intended).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #956
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
But defending yourself from a young physically fit man(regardless of race) who has attacked you isnt cool. Got it.

Keep in mind, I doubt that the guy introduced himself and said he had a 5yo in the store and i am sorry we parked in a handicapped spot. Its nice to add facts after the event happens, but in the moment all this guy knew is whatever the lady had said to him and that this guy came out and attacked him.

I am sorry the man lost his life and especially that the children lost their father.

Finally, I wonder if it would have happened if the initial interaction between the lady and man included the woman apologizing and parking in a different spot.
Talking about a spin / slant??? "Physically fit man,where does that come into play in the law,where does age ,come into the law ? The man thought the white gentleman was harassing his wife and mother of his child and went to defend her as anyone would.How do you know the white man was not "Physically fit"? the dead man had no weapon of any kind and was in a public place. Had the white man gone on his own way there would be no dead man ,correct?
Old 07-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #957
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If you're going to carry in public to protect yourself, you need to be able to keep a cool head in situations like this.

I get that the guy was in shock from being pushed to the ground unexpectedly, but if he had waited just a couple seconds to collect his breath the tension probably would've deescalated. Instead look at the hesitation between when he draws and when the guy staggers backward after being shot. He literally sat there, hesitated (probably thinking do I do this?... yes) then shot him.

Was his life in immediate danger? No. But he wasn't thinking rationally, as soon as he got pushed he went into DEFCON 5 and decided to eliminate the threat. That is not the sign of a rational, intelligent gun owner. That's the sign of a guy who carries because he's just waiting for the shit to pop off (no metaphor intended).
I have watched the video several times. The attacker comes out of the store walking then suddenly runs lunges and attacks. The shooter is now on the ground as he turns and rhe attacker makes the unfortunate hand movement of reaching to his waistband behind his back. That is likely what triggered the shot. I dont know the time from shooter pulling the trigger to the bullet hitting the man to his clutching his chest but its probably a good several seconds. For a comparison of reaction times, look how long from the man going in to the woman following. In real time that was probably very immediate but on the video that span of time is incredibly long compared to the run, attack, turn, shoot, and clutch portion of the same video at the same speed.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #958
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I have watched the video several times. The attacker comes out of the store walking then suddenly runs lunges and attacks. The shooter is now on the ground as he turns and rhe attacker makes the unfortunate hand movement of reaching to his waistband behind his back. That is likely what triggered the shot. I dont know the time from shooter pulling the trigger to the bullet hitting the man to his clutching his chest but its probably a good several seconds. For a comparison of reaction times, look how long from the man going in to the woman following. In real time that was probably very immediate but on the video that span of time is incredibly long compared to the run, attack, turn, shoot, and clutch portion of the same video at the same speed.
So have I , you're wrong.It was murder.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #959
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So have I , you're wrong.It was murder.
For now Pinellas county says you are incorrect. Next the state of Florida will either agree or disagree, and finally a jury will determine if it was in fact a wrongful death. I will defer to their judgements, I merely was arguing there are more views than one slanted article's viewpoint.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #960
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

So there wasn’t a way to diffuse the situation? I don’t think anyone should have gotten shot. Seems like the Wild West.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote