Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Taylors reaction?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Taylors reaction?

you didnt get to see much of it because they were announcing the trade, but didnt it seem like he was a little disappointed, or atleast didnt seem to excited. It could have been that when they put the camera on him he hadnt yet found out. What do you guys think?
Old 04-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

He was on the phone right before they announced it, probably with someone from the Skins. Hard to look surprised when you know it's coming. I think he'll be glad to be a Skin though.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
Cush
Impact Rookie

interview here:

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=1094

Quote:
Q: What are your thoughts on playing for a Hall of Fame Coach in Joe Gibbs?

A: "It's a great honor. He's a legendary coach. When I was up there, he let me know that was all in the past and I told him I didn't want to rest on my laurels, either. I think he's a great coach."

Q: When you came to visit Redskins Park, did you get a good feel for the organization and the team?

A: "Yes I did. When I visited there, I got a good feel for the organization--I thought it was one that fit me perfectly. A lot of things stood out to me, especially a lot of the players who were in there working out."
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 04:52 PM   #4
cpayne5
Playmaker

Yeah, when you know its coming, its hard to be suprised.
I'd rather see no excitement than fake excitement.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 04:53 PM   #5
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

Sounds great!!! I think he'll definitely be an impact player for us as a rookie!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #6
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

ah, I didnt see the interview link of the site, thanks. Im sure he will do great here, I was just a little worried there for a second when I saw his face. He and Portis are friends, Portis has been begging Gibbs to pick him and hinting at it all the time.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:57 PM   #7
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Q: Clinton Portis, a former teammate of yours at Miami, was lobbying on your behalf. What do you think about that?

A: "It just shows how good Miami players can be when we're around each other. We'll make good teammates. Clinton and I have a great relationship. It's all about that family relationship. I know he was pulling for me--and I was pulling for me to go to Washington--so that we could be teammates. And it worked out."
Old 04-24-2004, 11:32 PM   #8
Ghost
Special Teams

It's sinking in that our secondary now features someone who hits like LaVar and covers like Champ, someone whose motor never quits and who often chases down plays from the opposite field, someone who's 6'2 and bigger than most WRs ... I can't wait for the collisions and the INTs returned for TDs. I'm expecting an immediate impact on the D, which should be in the top ten again with any luck.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:06 AM   #9
offiss

it's his instinct's that will make him a star, you can find people that can hit, and run, but they don't have the instinct's to be in the right place to do so, this kid can do that and more, once he get's comfortable he will be something else.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #10
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

It's been a long time since our defense was feared. Taylor (together with Lavar) will begin to make that happen. And the crucial thing is what this does for our RUN defense. We can commit more to stop the run because Taylor will be prowling the field waiting for the pick or the big hit. And wait til they bring him on his first blitz. Williams must be super-psyched. And Gibbs showed his class and his team concept by making this a defense pick, even with a great TE at #5. Nothing could send a stronger message that Gibbs has total confidence in Williams, and total committment to top-flight defense.

I really love the Portis connection. I think that does really help with the transition.

Taylor and Lavar. Man o man.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:37 PM   #11
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I was kind of relieved when I heard of Sean Taylor getting drafted by the Redskins as opposed to Kellan Winslow. I just don't believe that Winslow's attitude would have fitted into a Joe Gibb's Redskins team. I feel that by Gibbs choosing to fill a position such as safety, he believes the way I do. Behind every good offense is a good defense. Having a defense that can force turnovers and force the opposing offense to punt or to settle for field goals instead of TDs, will help our offense have more opportunites to play good 'ol Redskins ball controlled offense. This is just another thing I respect about Joe Gibbs.....even though he is an offensive minded coach, he thinks about the team as a whole, and is just as deeply involved in the defense and special teams, as he is the offense.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON!!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 02:50 PM   #12
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I think that the connection between Portis and Taylor will help the team out a lot this year. Both were hoping to play together because of their former friendship. Barrow might add to that to. If you look at the relationship between Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Lewis took him under his wing and has been teaching him how to be a leader. They work out togethre all the time and are a force on the field.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:12 PM   #13
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Difference is Ray Lewis is Baltimores leader, whereas Portis isn't the 'skins leader. A great player (at least for Denver) but not yet a leader for Washington. Not to mention, they're on seperate sides of the ball. I see Taylor being our leader more than anything. From what I've heard he was a leader at Miami and he got the boys pumped and ready. I hope he brings that attitude with him to Washington!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:37 PM   #14
Skins26
Camp Scrub

On ESPN he appeared not to be excited at the time they showed him but you should have seen him on the local news, they had footage of when the pick was announced on the TV and right after he got off the phone with the skins for the first time. He was really excited. Big smile on his face
Skins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:43 PM   #15
itvnetop
Playmaker

him and LA are gonna be really good friends... i'd be very afraid if i were an opposing QB/RB/WR...
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote