Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How would Campbell Fit?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

How would Campbell Fit?

I'm not a JC fan, first and foremost. However, I had an interesting thought... If we bring in a new coach, who would Campbell be a best fit for in their system. Would Campbell do well under Shannahan, how about under Cowher, Holmgren, Dungy, or Jim Harbaugh. Who's offense is the best fit for JC's game? Please Discuss...

Although I don't like JC for the skins, I'd rather us draft a lineman in the first. If that mean keeping him on the team so be it.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: How would Campbell Fit?

Besides the o-line, changing offenses has been JC's biggest obstacle to development.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Besides the o-line, changing offenses has been JC's biggest obstacle to development.
true that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
T.O.Killa
The Starter

No way.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
No way.
Great contribution there.

I doubt any new coach would keep Campbell as a starter. I think the best situation would be to keep him as a back up. And I hope we have a FO competent enough to put the team in a situation where they either keep him with a inexpensive contract as a back up or get some compensation for him.

That being said, given that we are a bit suspect in the running game, I really don't know how well we will do with any QB behind center. I do hope that the new coach and/or GM will take care of the o-line with the first round pick and find a good running back of the future in the later rounds. As for a QB, I wonder if we could find a good one in the 2nd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jc would fit in a system like Pitt's, where their isn't much pressure to complete big passes downfield. Ultimately Campbell is going to be released from this team so it really does'nt matter for us anymore. JC won't resign w us I guarantee it, not after what he went through last offseason and this season.
If he's a restricted free agent, he won't be free to leave unless the team let's him go.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

I doubt any new coach would keep Campbell as a starter. I think the best situation would be to keep him as a back up. And I hope we have a FO competent enough to put the team in a situation where they either keep him with a inexpensive contract as a back up or get some compensation for him.

That being said, given that we are a bit suspect in the running game, I really don't know how well we will do with any QB behind center. I do hope that the new coach and/or GM will take care of the o-line with the first round pick and find a good running back of the future in the later rounds. As for a QB, I wonder if we could find a good one in the 2nd round.

If he's a restricted free agent, he won't be free to leave unless the team let's him go.

Bulger, Kolb, Anderson and Leinart are the only real options of signing.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

Keeping him as a backup might create a problem, especially since the most likely scenario would be that he would still be the best QB on the roster, but was playing second string because the team is playing for the future.

I really think if they don't invest in Campbell (not necessarily long term, but at least for all of 2010), they have to move him in a trade elsewhere. Even if they can only get a 6th rounder to go somewhere as a backup. We'd be fine with him as the starter in 2010, in fact, it's probably a best case short-term scenario, but if we're going in a different direction, it's probably best for both sides to just move on asap.

And if you are going to invest in him for 2010, the new coach must do so immediately, and not wait until after the draft to see if he can grab a QB of the future.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:

You like that.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

I think even under the circumstances we have now this has been his best season as a pro. Sherm Lewis as also shown us JC can run the WCO effectively & score 20+. I truly believe we would set the development of our younger players back if we didn't continue with the WCO. So my answer is probably Holmgren Sherm Lewis was his coordinator back in the day.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
I think even under the circumstances we have now this has been his best season as a pro. Sherm Lewis as also shown us JC can run the WCO effectively & score 20+. I truly believe we would set the development of our younger players back if we didn't continue with the WCO. So my answer is probably Holmgren Sherm Lewis was his coordinator back in the day.
Holmgren won't join us, didn't u hear him go off on Snyder a few weeks ago?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #11
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Holmgren won't join us, didn't u hear him go off on Snyder a few weeks ago?
He say who's system would JC fit better not who is going to be the actually coach.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jc would fit in a system like Pitt's, where their isn't much pressure to complete big passes downfield. Ultimately Campbell is going to be released from this team so it really does'nt matter for us anymore. JC won't resign w us I guarantee it, not after what he went through last offseason and this season.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #13
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
It's not like Jason has the final say in his destination, wherever that might be. He'll be a restricted FA so his situation is going to depend more on what the team intends to do with him as opposed to what he is going to do. The team has options.

I don't want to get ahead of myself and begin speculating about what's going to happen with Zorn and Campbell. The offseason is going to be an intersting one, just like most of them are around here.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #14
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
It's not like Jason has the final say in his destination, wherever that might be. He'll be a restricted FA so his situation is going to depend more on what the team intends to do with him as opposed to what he is going to do. The team has options.

I don't want to get ahead of myself and begin speculating about what's going to happen with Zorn and Campbell. The offseason is going to be an intersting one, just like most of them are around here.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #15
dgack
The Starter

My greatest hope for this season is that some GM of another team sees something in Jason "fighting his guts out" on this abomination of a team and he plays his way out of here. I hope he plays well and makes it even more obvious that He Was Not The Problem. And even then, the haters will find a way to rationalize that It Was All Campbell's Fault.

This team is such a mess, the only thing I can root for now is abject failure, hoping that at some point it hits such a bottom that the only choice is to blow everything up and start from scratch. Whatever the NFL version of starting from scratch is.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote