Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

VC Who?

Other Sports

Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Schneed10
A Dude

VC Who?

In de face. Go Spiders!

wD6rTrZqse0">wD6rTrZqse0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: VC Who?

Schneed did you go to U of R? That was such a good game last night, I pull for both teams, but VCU been impressive this year. So glad both teams in the A10 to continue a strong rivalry. Im going to the Spiders vs Xavier game the 2/2, cant wait

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Schneed did you go to U of R? That was such a good game last night, I pull for both teams, but VCU been impressive this year. So glad both teams in the A10 to continue a strong rivalry. Im going to the Spiders vs Xavier game the 2/2, cant wait
Yes I did. I love when they play, both teams have a lot to gain by keeping this little rivalry going. They both have really good (and still underrated, IMO) coaches locked down for a long time who know how to recruit. It's a good thing for the Richmond sports scene, and the town as a whole.

You live in one of the best cities on the east coast, I miss so much about it.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You live in one of the best cities on the east coast, I miss so much about it.
Im sure some people read this and are like, wtf Richmond VA????

Dont drink the tap water in Richmond!!! Once you do its tough to ever get out. I came here in 2001 and have been stuck ever since. The only other place on the East Coast where people go and can never let go is Wilmington, NC. That place is probably worse, but at least they have a beach.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Who of R???

That was crazy. Really sucks for you guys Schneed, ive never seen an implosion like that before.

And im really confused how UR ended up with the last possesion after what i think was a double technical and 3 free throws from a 3 point foul (i counted 7 total foul shots)??? Shouldnt Charlotte have gotten the ball back, or do 2 T's cancel out the automatic possesion or some other wierd rule? Longest, most painful and confusing last 20 seconds of a game ive ever watched.

Last edited by mlmpetert; 03-14-2013 at 03:10 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
mredskins
Gamebreaker

and in other exciting but no one cares sports news the blue team beat the red team at the Baltimore YMCA last night on a last second lay up.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Congrats Schneed! I was at the game last night and it was one of the most hard fought games ive ever seen (i missed st. joes last week). And Ive never seen a team come back from 7 down with 42 seconds left.

UR was doing to us, exactly what we love doing to other teams; knocking down threes like its no big deal. Kenall Anthony was SICK last night. I dont know too much about him, but the dude was shooting threes NBA Jam style.

It was definetly good for the rivalry. Cant wait to play again!

* While the Robins Center was rockin last night (albiet a 30% VCU attendence), you guys really need to do something about your music. I felt like i was at a 2002 Wizards game a few times last night.

** And seriously, pep-band pre-recordings at UR???? Wtf, you guys cant afford a band? I especially liked the pep band randition of Living on a Prayer, sang along perfectly by the student body section, aka kids from Bon Jovi's home state. Oddly enough it was played while you were up by like 7 in the second half.

*** Lastly, ill add it was a wierd feeling watching kids rush the court after you guys beat us. Ive rushed a few courts after VCU upset some big names, but its wierd to think VCU can be upset at a national stage level.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Congrats Schneed! I was at the game last night and it was one of the most hard fought games ive ever seen (i missed st. joes last week). And Ive never seen a team come back from 7 down with 42 seconds left.

UR was doing to us, exactly what we love doing to other teams; knocking down threes like its no big deal. Kenall Anthony was SICK last night. I dont know too much about him, but the dude was shooting threes NBA Jam style.

It was definetly good for the rivalry. Cant wait to play again!

* While the Robins Center was rockin last night (albiet a 30% VCU attendence), you guys really need to do something about your music. I felt like i was at a 2002 Wizards game a few times last night.

** And seriously, pep-band pre-recordings at UR???? Wtf, you guys cant afford a band? I especially liked the pep band randition of Living on a Prayer, sang along perfectly by the student body section, aka kids from Bon Jovi's home state. Oddly enough it was played while you were up by like 7 in the second half.

*** Lastly, ill add it was a wierd feeling watching kids rush the court after you guys beat us. Ive rushed a few courts after VCU upset some big names, but its wierd to think VCU can be upset at a national stage level.
That court rush was also hysterical because it was just about the entire student body and it didn't even fill up the court, LOL.

The entire school is only 3000 undergrads or so.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
and in other exciting but no one cares sports news the blue team beat the red team at the Baltimore YMCA last night on a last second lay up.
You got yourself a case of the MD's today?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You got yourself a case of the MD's today?
LOL! No I was trying to jerk S10 chain; since it is a hobby of his. All in good fun.

I actually think that was a pretty good game and I love when VCU and MAson made a run in the NCAA.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

the Robins Center is a great venue. I used to live close to campus and twice snuck in and play basketball on the court. One time even turning on the lights there.

He Gets Us
Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude

I swam for Richmond and we had a nice little rivalry with VCU and William & Mary at the time. VCU and Richmond make for fun rivals, I used to like those meets. Nice guys on the other team too, even though we wanted to kill 'em!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I swam for Richmond and we had a nice little rivalry with VCU and William & Mary at the time. VCU and Richmond make for fun rivals, I used to like those meets. Nice guys on the other team too, even though we wanted to kill 'em!

Thats awesome. Im gonna miss playing W&M on a regular basis, their bball program had really stepped up in the last few years.

After La Salle I got to admit, im getting a little scared. The A10 is no CAA....
Old 03-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I didnt see it at work, but had ESPN game cast on. Moony shoulda beat the f*cking ref right there on the floor. Cant believe it.

Mlmpert and Schneed yall should get in our Warpath bracket MonkeyDad is running

He Gets Us
Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I didnt see it at work, but had ESPN game cast on. Moony shoulda beat the f*cking ref right there on the floor. Cant believe it.

Mlmpert and Schneed yall should get in our Warpath bracket MonkeyDad is running

Yes.

Seriously...8 FTs in 4 seconds? What was that?

It's about time the kids start making clutch free throws. See kids, this is why you practice them.

This horrible video is the only one I could find of the actual gameplay, not just commentary.