Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

IOC chief Rogge chides Bolt for lack of respect to rivals

Other Sports

Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
FRPLG
MVP

IOC chief Rogge chides Bolt for lack of respect to rivals

IOC chief Rogge chides Bolt for lack of respect to rivals - Olympics - CBSSports.com

You gotta be kidding me! His org is having their major event in a country known for serious human rights issues. The games have been rampant with censorship, fakery and cheating allegations against the home country and this is what this douchebag chooses to make a statment about? What an ass!
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: IOC chief Rogge chides Bolt for lack of respect to rivals

I totally disagree there, FRPLG. Bolt is an ass and deserves to be chided. His hot dogging DURING HIS RACES screams lack of sportsmanship and flies in the face of everything the Olympic games stand for.

Bolt sickens me and makes me sad knowing that a great sportsman and all-around great guy in Carl Lewis now has to yield his world record in the 200 to a pompous ass like this.

I've got no problem with you saying cheating allegations should always be addressed, but to suggest Bolt doesn't deserve the criticism is to lose sight of the spirit of the Olympic games.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I totally disagree there, FRPLG. Bolt is an ass and deserves to be chided. His hot dogging DURING HIS RACES screams lack of sportsmanship and flies in the face of everything the Olympic games stand for.

Bolt sickens me and makes me sad knowing that a great sportsman and all-around great guy in Carl Lewis now has to yield his world record in the 200 to a pompous ass like this.

I've got no problem with you saying cheating allegations should always be addressed, but to suggest Bolt doesn't deserve the criticism is to lose sight of the spirit of the Olympic games.
I've haven't seen anything that irked me and I hate bad sportsmanship. The guy isn't bashing everyone else. He is just an exciteable guy. I guess maybe I haven't seen enough of him.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

When did Carl Lewis become a great sportsman and all-around great guy? He was as arrogant and "unsportsmanlike" as anyone else.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #5
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
When did Carl Lewis become a great sportsman and all-around great guy? He was as arrogant and "unsportsmanlike" as anyone else.
Yeah I seem to remember Lewis was an ass but I have no idea why. I think it had more to do with off the track stuff but I was like 8 when he was big so I can't really remember.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

From what I saw, Bolt congratulated several sprinters after the 200m race.

I don't think he's an ass. I like him.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Bolt broke Michael Johnson's 200 record, not Carl Lewis (who in turn, can't sing worth a damn yet sang the National Anthem about as well as Roseanne Barr did).

I see both sides of the coin. Bolt should recognize his competitors and give them due time after a race, but at the same time, he does make watching him run interesting. And it's his interpretation out on the track before and after the race that sets him apart. Bolt is just a kid out there having a good time, and none of the other competitors seem to have a problem with him (not that I've read or watched).

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
Schneed10
A Dude

Sorry for the confusion. I said Carl Lewis when I meant Michael Johnson. He was the all around great guy and solid ambassador to the sport. I do remember Lewis being a bit of a reclusive ass at times.

Must have been half asleep this mornin!

It wasn't like Bolt was walking up to dudes after the race and goin "Yeah that's right, what now?!" But I don't like the hot dogging during a race at all. Run how you want, if you don't want to go all out in a given race, fine. But don't make it obvious that you're toying with your competitors. That irks me.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

How can you respect people if you are shitting all over them? Bolt is in his own league. I don't care how he acts. None of us have ever been so good at anything as he is at this sport. So, none of us can be sure we would act different.

Last edited by BigSKINBauer; 08-21-2008 at 03:40 PM.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote