Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

NHL Awards for Ovechkin, Boudreau

Other Sports

Old 06-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

NHL Awards for Ovechkin, Boudreau

ESPN - Capitals' Ovechkin earns league player of year award - NHL

Ovechkin brought home the Hart/Richard/Ross/Pearson Trophies, and Coach Boudreau brought home the Jack Adams Trophy.

Easily the best season I've witnessed from Ovie and the Caps, I hope they build on this success and go the distance next season. I'd love to bring the Stanley Cup to D.C. next year.

Congrats to Ovie and Boudreau and here's to them duplicating their success and bringing home Lord Stanley next year.

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: NHL Awards for Ovechkin, Boudreau

I'll drink to that. Job well done, The GREAT 8 earned every trophy received! And what more needs to be said about the Outstanding job Bruce did turning the club around from out of the basement in the SouthEast Division into a Division winning title.

I see this club moving forward next season taking the next step. We finally have a young team in place (thanks to the fine work of the FO/GM George McPhee) that will keep us in contention for many years to come in DC. The CAPS are back on the map thats a FACT!

GoCaps!

Posted at 8:42 PM ET, 06/12/2008

A.O. Snags Pearson and Hart; Boudreau Wins Adams

Alex Ovechkin captured the Hart Trophy and the Lester B. Pearson Award, beating out Calgary's Jarome Iginla and Pittsburgh's Evgeni Malkin for both honors tonight at the NHL Awards Show in Toronto. He's the first Capital to win either award.
The voting for the Hart Trophy wasn't even close. Ovechkin racked up 1,313 points to Malkin's 659 and Iginla's 565 to become the first player to capture the Hart, Pearson, the Art Ross and Maurice Richard.
He was also named a First Team All-Star for the third straight year, becoming the first to do that in his first three seasons since Terry Sawchuk (1950-53).
Update: Coach Bruce Boudreau just won the Jack Adams, beating out Montreal's Guy Carbonneau and Detroit's Mike Babcock. Boudreau has gone from riding the buses in the minors to being the NHL's coach of the year in the span of seven months. His story just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?
Boudreau ended up with 208 points, 12 more than Carbonneau. Babcock had 65.
"I would have picked the guy who won the Stanley Cup," Boudreau cracked. "I'm glad I didn't have a vote."
Update:Nicklas Backstrom was runner up to Chicago's Patrick Kane for the Calder Cup. Kane had 1,087 points to Backstrom's 872 points. The Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews was third with 647.
Backstrom, however, was named to the All-Rookie Team.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Ovie had a killer season - nice to see hockey getting a little attention in DC!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Elliot in the Morning had Boudreau on today, and he's as humble as can be. He worked a lot of magic this season...hopefully he didn't flop the nut too soon...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote