Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

FoxSports' take on Redskins QB corps

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
rbanerjee23
The Starter

FoxSports' take on Redskins QB corps

Check it out, FoxSports ranks every qb situation all over the NFL, of course they have nothing but good things to say about Washington and Campbell *sarcasm*

Positional Power Rankings: QB packages - FOX Sports on MSN

Apparently Todd Collins knows the offense inside and out which is surprising considering how hard he sucked in last years training camp and preseason.
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: FoxSports' take on Redskins QB corps

I would not disagree. JC has to take the team to glory, or get ass kicked to the curb...and rightly so. I hope like hell he can get it done
HTTR
AND if he CAN PROVE he is the man, he has a nice pay day coming
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

JC has shown he has the mental and physical tools first half of the season last year. He needs to show better leadership on offense and when times are tough (last year, second half) he needs to stand tall, be confindent about winning, and being the quaterback have the ability at some point have the courage to put the team on his back and so lets go win this. I strongly believe he has the ability to do this. What he needs is a tough, come from behind win and with big numbers. Where everyone can say he was the difference-maker. Leadership seems to be weakness at this point and when your a quaterback, it makes it harder to succeed. As to the rankings, I'd say they should have been ranked higher by about 4 more spots, thats it. This is Jason's last stand, but I think he can get it done.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Check it out, FoxSports ranks every qb situation all over the NFL, of course they have nothing but good things to say about Washington and Campbell *sarcasm*

Apparently Todd Collins knows the offense inside and out which is surprising considering how hard he sucked in last years training camp and preseason.

Cambell did nothing to earn praise over the last half of the season and his own team did everything they could to get rid of him. Is anyone really surprised that the media is going to say negative things about him?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Quote:
That wouldn't surprise me at all. The guy is a true student of the game and to use a JG phrase, he's "super smart".

And for how hard he supposedly sucked in the preseason, his QB rating was better than JC's.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
53Fan
Franchise Player

All these polls seem to base their rankings of JC on the media reports of Snyder going after Cutler and Sanchez and the record of the second half of the season. Based on that, I wouldn't rank us very high either. I wonder how high Brees was rated after the Chargers decided to let him go and go with Rivers? Brees was also coming off surgery. Is JC being ranked low based on Snyders opinion? At this point in his career it's pretty hard to know what kind of QB Campbell really is because there have been some legitimate excuses for his lack of development as a consistent starter. He has shown some good, and some bad, with an everchanging offensive system, o-line, and receiving corps. I expect us to be better this year but not as good as next year. After 3 years in the same system for Campbell and the rookies, I think you would have a clearer picture of who you have in a coach, a QB, and a team. But without progress, a lot of these people won't be here that long. This is the year to show progress. A LOT OF PROGRESS. You can always find an excuse for losing. We need to find ways to win.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I'd put us slightly higher. I'd rather have Campbell than anyone 20 or below. I expect after this season to see him elevate himself into the mid to upper teens in the league.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I'd put us slightly higher. I'd rather have Campbell than anyone 20 or below. I expect after this season to see him elevate himself into the mid to upper teens in the league.
I completely agree.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
dgack
The Starter

I'm having a hard time feeling the Titans 4 ranks higher than us with Kerry Collins, Vince Young, Pat Ramsey and Alex Mortensen. Talk about your game management QB corps.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Eh, looks like they are putting heavy emphasis on the QB depth, which is fine. We certainly don't have depth like we did two or three years ago. It's Campbell and three question marks.

Echoing the Titans sentiments.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

They put an 's' on the end of Chase Daniel's name

Did not know that TC's QB rating was higher in the preseason matty, nice stat
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Giants should be at #11.........no higher.
Giantone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #13
GusFrerotte

Quote:

Read their commentary, and to be honest, what they are saying is what practically every preseason rag has been saying for the past few seasons about our QB situation. JC is a stand up individual everyone says, and it is true for the most part, but he has no choice but to be standup. He hasn't proven himself for the most part and he obviously isn't all that marketable. THe big question I have about JC is that has he already shown us his "stuff" or has he yet to come into his own. 2009 is going to answer that for us. HIs stats are average to above average. Case in point, compared to Frerotte, JC has a much better INT ratio, but Gus still has more TD passes.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #14
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Eh, looks like they are putting heavy emphasis on the QB depth, which is fine. We certainly don't have depth like we did two or three years ago. It's Campbell and three question marks.

Echoing the Titans sentiments.
This is the third year that Campbell and Collins have been #1 and #2. What is the difference?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #15
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
They put an 's' on the end of Chase Daniel's name

Did not know that TC's QB rating was higher in the preseason matty, nice stat
They also said "The No. 3 spot appears to be a camp battle between two rookies coming off stud college careers."

Really? I wasn't aware Colt was rookie a for the second straight year.

And even if this poll is about just as much about depth as it is starters, I'm still scratching my head.

How do they have the Colts and Pats lower than the Panthers? Or the Falcons at 11 with a 2nd year QB and nothing else? Or the Bills at 12 with Trent Edwards and no one else? And how is Trent Edwards "the perfect QB to build around?"

Outside of the top 5, these rankings are kind of all over the place IMO.

Last edited by GMScud; 06-28-2009 at 04:22 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote