Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins to Restrict Large Tailgate Parties

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

The Washington Redskins will restrict large tailgate parties in the FedEx Field parking lots this season, limiting tailgates using more than one parking space to "the back" of parking lots, according to a release from the team. The team also said that drivers of all vehicles will be directed to specific areas of the lots instead of being allowed to choose their own.

Advertisements
Old 06-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: Redskins to Restrict Large Tailgate Parties

S**tty decision to make in a bad economy.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
jgalecpa
Special Teams

I have to say, The Daniel is an idiot.

After 15 years of being on the waiting list, and then having season tickets for the last nine, paying over $17,000 in total to see some really mediocre football, I just had lunch with my brother today and told him I wouldn't be renewing my tickets for the 2011 year.

Just cements my decision.

I'm still a fan, but with the HD TV I could by for the cost of every single game I went to, I'll be watching from home.

J-Dawg.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Pocket$ $traight

If it makes getting in and out of the stadium more efficient than it is probably the right move. I can see how those who get there early and pick out their spots would be upset but they are definitely the minority.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
jgalecpa
Special Teams

Note:

The team will no longer maintain game day, cash parking lots since there are numerous private operators in the stadium vicinity providing the service.

From their website
Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalecpa View Post
I have to say, The Daniel is an idiot.

After 15 years of being on the waiting list, and then having season tickets for the last nine, paying over $17,000 in total to see some really mediocre football, I just had lunch with my brother today and told him I wouldn't be renewing my tickets for the 2011 year.

Just cements my decision.

I'm still a fan, but with the HD TV I could by for the cost of every single game I went to, I'll be watching from home.

J-Dawg.
Whats the big deal here. If you want a big tailgate party and need several spaces you have to use the back of the lots. If you want to use one spot and tailgate then you can park toward the front. I get there early enough that its not an issue but when you have people tail gating taking up several spots and then people driving around and cannot use those spots then it leads to longer lines getting into the parking area.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Whats the big deal here. If you want a big tailgate party and need several spaces you have to use the back of the lots. If you want to use one spot and tailgate then you can park toward the front. I get there early enough that its not an issue but when you have people tail gating taking up several spots and then people driving around and cannot use those spots then it leads to longer lines getting into the parking area.
Agreed. If this your reason for giving up season tickets, then maybe tailgating is more important than seeing the game live in the first place.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Agreed. If this your reason for giving up season tickets, then maybe tailgating is more important than seeing the game live in the first place.
Agreed agreed. You are only supposed to get one spot per car. Those who take two cars and do a tailgate in between on a third space make an impossible lot even harder. the backs of the lots have plenty of green space room to have larger tailgates. I see no problem. Now the tossing of the cash lots is interesting. I guess the crap with the buses became too much of a headache.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalecpa View Post
Note:

The team will no longer maintain game day, cash parking lots since there are numerous private operators in the stadium vicinity providing the service.

From their website
If I'm correct the only pay lots still left were pretty far out and you needed to take a shuttle and for the past couple years parking around the stadium has been by pass only. I'm not sure if its still true today but a couple of years ago there was a waiting list for a parking pass. So if you finally got season tickets you had to get on a waiting list to now get a parking pass. So I don't think that's much of a change.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If I'm correct the only pay lots still left were pretty far out and you needed to take a shuttle and for the past couple years parking around the stadium has been by pass only. I'm not sure if its still true today but a couple of years ago there was a waiting list for a parking pass. So if you finally got season tickets you had to get on a waiting list to now get a parking pass. So I don't think that's much of a change.
No not much of a change but getting to and from those lots may now be a giant pain in the ass since they'll be private deals.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #11
MTK
\m/

I've never been a big fan of tailgating at games, concerts, whatever. If I'm going to an event it's to see the event, not to get all tanked up before hand. So even if I did go to games this wouldn't bother me.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's a matter or principle for some. I know plenty of people who didn't renew their season tickets and won't go to Seahawks games because they don't allow tailgating at all anymore.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I've never been a big fan of tailgating at games, concerts, whatever. If I'm going to an event it's to see the event, not to get all tanked up before hand. So even if I did go to games this wouldn't bother me.
So are you saying you cannot tailgate because you drink too much and could not stay sober enough to enjoy the game? LOL Actually tailgating keeps me more sober as I get stuffed eating and then it cuts back on how much I can drink durn the game.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Crap now people will have to go to the game sober. Actually now that I think about it, given last years performance they shouldn't be allowing people to go to FedEx field sober otherwise people might realize whats going on. Hell after last year they should start selling oxycotton to insure the happiness of the fanbase during tough times. "Oxy Cotton Candy get YOUR oxy cotton candy. Cotton Candy with the power of oxygen! First One's free!"

But in all seriousness is this really such a bad thing? Does anyone remember the Mike Wise story about his experience at FedEx field with his son during the Bears game? Now of course if this is a scheme to increase sales inside the stadium then that would be pretty messed up, but they must have had a lot of problems to put something like this into effect.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I have a friend making this season his last because of the news. Now he may change his mind after calming down a little, but who knows. I get phone calls and emails on a regular basis offering tickets "personally" from Zorn, after waiting for 6 years. I wasnt plaining on getting tickets this year, and now wont even think about it next year.

When you go to a game 1 or 2 times a year its a novelty and you are more interested in the event. But if you have season tickets in the 400's you get a lot more from the game by watching at home.

The best reason about going to Fedex when you have 400 level tickets or Restricted Viewing is the tailgating.