Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What should the Skins do?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
MPNRedskins
Special Teams

Thumbs up What should the Skins do?

Don't know if this thread has been created or not, but I wanted to express my opinion on what the Redskins should do, as well as let everyone else express their views.

First, the Skins should clean house. Get rid of the players who are not producing. Everyone has an opinion on this subject, so here's mine - get rid of Carlos Rogers (brick hands), D'Angelo Hall (makes some plays at times, but usually gets burnt), LaRon Landry (tough call because I like his physical play, but you have to tackle people & not try to blow them up every play), Albert Haynesworth (he has helped Orakpo and Carter a lot with their sacks, but the price tag is not worth it), the whole Offensive line (either build in the draft or bring in veterans who can play the position), Clinton Portis (another tough one because I'm a huge fan of the U and loved Portis when he was there, but he only makes big runs here and there. I'd rather have consistent runs, like what Betts and Ganther were doing. Running backs come and go. Portis doesn't fit this system, no matter what his stats show), and obviously the entire coaching staff (let Shanahan or whoever is the next coach bring in their own people and do their thing).

Second, DISCIPLINE needs to be established. Look at teams like the Patriots, Colts, Saints, Chargers, etc. They built their teams w/ discipline. When the players have the ear of the owner and more power than the coaches, there's a problem.

Third, let Bruce Allen do his job. Danny Boy should just write the checks and stay out of it.

Fourth, and this one with ruffle feathers because it did last year when I posted it, but start fresh with a new look - uniform wise. Obviously, keep the burgandy and gold, but maybe bring back the spear helmet or keep the current logo, but update it. I know people on here are going to b*tch because the Redskins won Super Bowls with their current unis, but sometimes, you should change the looks and give the team a fresh new look. Take the Caps, for example. They went back to the Red, White and Blue, but updated their look for the times.

Obviously, this is my opinion, but I'd love to hear everyone else's views. I'll be glad when this season is over and we can see the direction of this team in a few weeks. Later guys.
Let's Go Redskins!!! R.I.P. Sean Taylor #21

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: What should the Skins do?

A lot of your other views are being discussed in other threads. However, I agree with you about the uniforms. A return of the spear design would be great. Using the current logo but updating would also be timely and possibly cool. And, if we don't change uniforms, let's at least shelve the all-whites and all-burgundys.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 12-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Re: What should the Skins do?

Hate to be a jerk but yeah this stuff is already being discussed in many other threads.