Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

In defense of Albert Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

In defense of Albert Haynesworth

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/28/pfts-hog-wash-in-defense-of-albert-haynesworth.html

Quote:
You know, there is some stuff Pro Football Talk writes that is pretty good, and then other stuff that is down right mind boggling, and well, stupid. This is the latter case.
PFT is way off base this time.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Re: In defense of Albert Haynesworth

I agree Haynesworth is a monster. We went from a bottom barrell sack team to a top ten. The combination of Haynesworth, Orakpo, Carter and a healthy Jarmon is comparable to the Giants at their best in my opinion.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Haynesworth showed on those two 4th and 1 stops just how dominating he can be
Old 12-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Haynesworth showed on those two 4th and 1 stops just how dominating he can be
I agree that when AH is in he's great but when they needed him to keep Dallas from going up 14-0 (they ran right over where he should have been) he was on the sideline sucking wind. He seesm to get winded so fast that I cant help but wonder if he has some kind of breathing problem.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

He doesnt have a breathing problem...he's just out of shape.

He showed up way out of shape and he has gradually been getting better, but getting in a few plays a week isn't the way to go. Next year he needs to work out like a beast in the off-season, get his cardio back up, and then he can be in there when it counts....
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I bet AH is in better shape than any 5 of us combined. He's sucking air because he has 2 OL players on him at all times. AH is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. If he sits down, he's out of shape. If he is on the field and not doing 100% every snap he doesn't care and is lazy. I don't think either is true. Most DL rotate because when they're in you want 100%. AH is no different. I'd rather have him play less snaps per game and be able to go 100% during those snaps.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I bet AH is in better shape than any 5 of us combined. He's sucking air because he has 2 OL players on him at all times. AH is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. If he sits down, he's out of shape. If he is on the field and not doing 100% every snap he doesn't care and is lazy. I don't think either is true. Most DL rotate because when they're in you want 100%. AH is no different. I'd rather have him play less snaps per game and be able to go 100% during those snaps.
Excellent post.

As far as being "damned if he does...", that is what happens when you sign a huge contract and thus become a magnet for criticism.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I understand the need to rotate to have him at 100% for the snaps he's in but with that said he's gotta be able to go on a a goal line play that could put your team down by 14, especially when your team struggles to score points.

I do think that AH has done a good job and made others around him better.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Love the guy I hope he retires a skin
Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
redsk1
The Starter

AH had a good year. He's a difference maker. If you're the skins, i guess you could see what you could get for him, right? What could you get for him?

If you could get a first or second would you do it? I don't know, maybe.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Why is it that other NFL players will say publicly that Albert Haynesworth takes plays off and dogs it on the field some time? Is that just to make this "monster" even more angry when he takes the field against them? Or is it a fact and they know they can take him when he isn't going at full speed?

Since most other players do not have a death wish, my guess is that they are not "pulling the monster's tail".

If he were in good condition - - that comes from participating in ALL of the training camp drills and going hard in ALL of the training camp drills - - he might have to take off a play or three a game. But Haynesworth was not a full participant from the day he showed up in training camp, has not been ever since, and now is off the field for about 25 snaps a game and playing at less than full speed for another dozen. For $100M ($43M guaranteed) you might expect just a tad more...

Here is when you might see a tad more. The current contract goes for 7 years. In years 6 and 7 he will try to turn it on full blast again. Until then ... have a nice day whoever has to coach him
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Letting him go after one miserable season (for the entire team) would definitely be kneejerk. What we really need is a strong head coach in place who knows how to get the most out of him. Right now he's just frustrated and while his spouting off to the media wasn't a great idea, it's hardly a reason to let the guy go.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Matty:

Agree you cannot let him go. For one thing, with that contract in existence, his trade value now is close to zero.

What the Skins need more than anything else is a coach with the authority to make Haynesworth and all the players adhere to team rules that are focused on building a team and not an assembly of individual players. I think it was Colinsowrth last night who said that if you wanted to spend $100M on players, you might want to spend it on a bunch of guys like London Fletcher who are always in the game and always hustling and always thinking about team success instead of personal glory. Guess what; he's right!

But as long as there is any way for Haynesworth and other players to end run the coaching staff to have "someone upstairs" intercede for them, the Redskins will never be a team. Simple as that...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Matty:

Agree you cannot let him go. For one thing, with that contract in existence, his trade value now is close to zero.

What the Skins need more than anything else is a coach with the authority to make Haynesworth and all the players adhere to team rules that are focused on building a team and not an assembly of individual players. I think it was Colinsowrth last night who said that if you wanted to spend $100M on players, you might want to spend it on a bunch of guys like London Fletcher who are always in the game and always hustling and always thinking about team success instead of personal glory. Guess what; he's right!

But as long as there is any way for Haynesworth and other players to end run the coaching staff to have "someone upstairs" intercede for them, the Redskins will never be a team. Simple as that...
I find it interesting that both Haynesworth and J.Taylor commented specifically on how the Redskins were a bunch of individuals, not a team.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
FRPLG
MVP

I think Florio just doesn't like AH. He seems to make a decision about a guy and then that is it. To him AH is a thug asshat that no team should let play.

He had a post last week about how "disappointing" AH has been. That's when I realized that Florio doesn't know a lot about football. He may know a lot about the NFL but football...no. AH has been a monster. No other way to look at it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote