Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Scariest Moments of Your Life

Parking Lot

Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
los panda
Pro Bowl

Scariest Moments of Your Life

this was either high school or shortly after.
part 1
had just met some friends at a local shopping center, getting ready to take them for a ride to show off my new subwoofers, was already playing my music kind of loud. car pulls up, 4 people inside. the driver is roughly our age, he yells something i can't understand and spits on my hood. i turn down the music, he yells "follow me". i looked to my pals as to ask, do you feel like a rumble? they all got in, and we followed the car to a side street.
they parked, and i parked about 10-15 yards behind them. as soon as i parked, 2 guys w bandanas over their faces got out the back seat, both brandishing pistols. they were in a hurry to get to my car. i put it in reverse and got the hell out of there. they didn't fire any shots. nobody got hurt.
all we wanted was a good ol' fashioned 4 on 4 rumble.

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: Scariest Moments of Your Life

Was that in LA, LOS?

Turkish dude in a bar in Dortmund, 1981.

"<something unintelligible because of the music>"

Me: "What?"

Turkish dude points to the door.

I shrug, and say "OK"

Walk out, turn around, must have been about 20 dudes and him. My four friends bravely turn up to back me up, I say "I got this"

SMACK! Left eyebrow split with a headbutt. He smiles, SMACK! Right eyebrow split with a headbutt. Blood streaming down my face, not feeling like it's going too well. He punches me in the stomach, I fold and then straighten up. It's then I notice his boys are all holding up knives and I think "I'm going to ****ing die"

He pats me on the cheek and says "You should run now" or something like that and they must have chased us for about a mile.

Then there have been a couple of vehicular close calls but mostly my fault.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I'm kinda lame. I've never been in a girlfight or had a gun or a knife pulled on me or anything.

I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you all.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
los panda
Pro Bowl

that's crazy rr,

no, i didn't move here until this year. that happened in maryland.

rave, it could be anything like a near accident or getting separated from a parent as a child.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

drave you need to start a word of the day thread!!

Went to Canada for Christmas break with 8 friends in two Tercels when I was 19. Weather was great so we stayed an extra week. then had to drive back in a blizzard. coming through the PA mountains I hit a thick snow patch and started to spin out, as I saw the tiny pinpoints of a town some distance down the.mountain and the front of my tercel hitting the light wire fence I felt my tires grab and got control of the car. To this day I have that mental image clearly etched I. my mind.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I guess one would have to be when I was driving to work, about 5 minutes from my house... Light turns green, I'm about to go and a car blows through the redlight going at least 50 mph in a 25-30mph zone. Car would've slammed me on the drivers side.

Another would be around 10pm, my car got shot up right outside of my house.. 2 bullet holes, one behind the rear drivers side door and one through the driver's side door. I was lucky to be off from work that day because 10pm was right around the time I got home. Had I of worked that day, I would've taken a bullet.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
los panda
Pro Bowl

crazy stuff.

glad everyone is ok! who will be next to share?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

While in college, driving 495 towards college park. Guy starts tailgating me. I'm going 75 and this guy came up on me like I am standing still. He gets up behind me so close that I can't see his headlights. I tap my brakes to get him off my ass and then move over when I can to let him go on his merry way. When I move over, he pulls up next to me and starts gesturing towards my car. I roll down my window thinking he is telling me something is wrong with my car. He starts shouting he is a cop and that I need to pull over. The guy is driving a BMW so I shout back "Oh yeah? If you're a cop show me your badge!" He laughs and says "I'll show you my badge". He brings his hand up and has a gun pointed right at my face. I can still see the open barrel of that f'er.

I hit the brakes and he started tailing me down 495 laughing at whenever he caught up. This pissed me off and I started shouting at that he was going down. I see a cop who was in the process of giving someone a speeding ticket and pull over. She takes off after him. The cops caught him and I testified against him.
Turns out I was one of many. The guy was wanted for assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder and for shooting at the police. He went away for a long time.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 11-21-2012 at 07:20 PM.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Damn Joe, that's amazing. In a horribly bad yet good way.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
this was either high school or shortly after.
part 1
had just met some friends at a local shopping center, getting ready to take them for a ride to show off my new subwoofers, was already playing my music kind of loud. car pulls up, 4 people inside. the driver is roughly our age, he yells something i can't understand and spits on my hood. i turn down the music, he yells "follow me". i looked to my pals as to ask, do you feel like a rumble? they all got in, and we followed the car to a side street.
they parked, and i parked about 10-15 yards behind them. as soon as i parked, 2 guys w bandanas over their faces got out the back seat, both brandishing pistols. they were in a hurry to get to my car. i put it in reverse and got the hell out of there. they didn't fire any shots. nobody got hurt.
all we wanted was a good ol' fashioned 4 on 4 rumble.
Had almost the exact same scenario happen to me at the jumpers hole movie theater in pasadena also while in high school. Only difference was we were smoking a joint.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

of a different sort. my firstborn son was born a month early and his first APGAR score was excellent but he quickly nose dived and his second APGAR score was the worst. He was rushed to the neo-natal intensive care as his lungs weren't expanding and for three weeks showed no improvement. Then on a Saturday night sitting watching over him the doctor told me that it was highly likely that he wouldn't make it to Sunday night. That counts as the scary part. read the rest for a pretty cool ending.

I cried a lot that night, went to my church in the morning and our pastor said special prayers, I later found out my parents church stopped their service at the same time and said prayers as well. After church I went back to the hospital and the doctor said that his lungs had stabilized within the past hour. I had never (and never since) ever experienced such an overwhelming awe as that moment and when my mom told me about how her pastor just felt the need to stop their service and pray. Mind you, that I was in Colorado Springs, and my parents were in Md, and we werent using cell phones/facebook internet in 1997. He is 15 now and runs a 21 min 5k.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

1998 new years eve traveling to NYC for a Phish show 4 inchs of snow on the ground travaling 95 north. Went over a bridge going 55-60 mph Chevy Blazer right by Kings Dominion....the rear end slide slow around where my driver side window was facing north up 95. I didnt do anything and the SUV came to almost a stop. Thank god there was no traffic. I had mushrooms and herbals on my too but wasnt under the influence.

After a night of partying in "the bottom" of Richmond went to our car where a guy was yelling scream at some people 1 car over where we parked. As we got in Ill never forget seeing the mussel flashes light up my friends face as this dude was release a pistol into the ground and then the sky. Think that was 97-98

I got robbed in "the Fan" in Richmond by a group of teenagers bout 6-7 years ago, but never was really scared. Happened so fast and I was a little lit.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #13
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Never experienced this first hand but if I did I'm pretty sure this was jump straight to the top of the list.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
of a different sort. my firstborn son was born a month early and his first APGAR score was excellent but he quickly nose dived and his second APGAR score was the worst. He was rushed to the neo-natal intensive care as his lungs weren't expanding and for three weeks showed no improvement. Then on a Saturday night sitting watching over him the doctor told me that it was highly likely that he wouldn't make it to Sunday night. That counts as the scary part. read the rest for a pretty cool ending.

I cried a lot that night, went to my church in the morning and our pastor said special prayers, I later found out my parents church stopped their service at the same time and said prayers as well. After church I went back to the hospital and the doctor said that his lungs had stabilized within the past hour. I had never (and never since) ever experienced such an overwhelming awe as that moment and when my mom told me about how her pastor just felt the need to stop their service and pray. Mind you, that I was in Colorado Springs, and my parents were in Md, and we werent using cell phones/facebook internet in 1997. He is 15 now and runs a 21 min 5k.
Cool story
Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Wow, I'm sure that was terrifying, but I'm glad he's doing so well now!
This hits pretty close to home for me because both of my older sister's daughters were preemies, and so was my younger sister's son. My older older sister's first pregnancy was considered very high risk because she has hypertension, and she ended up having to reliever 10 weeks early. My niece was 2.5lbs when she was born, but now she's a lanky 4 year old with the biggest personality.

My second niece's birth might have been scarier though, because the day she was born (5 weeks early) happened to be the same day my Mom had her first round of chemo for lymphoma. My family is extremely close, so having my older sister in one hospital having her daughter early while my mom was at another hospital getting chemo made me feel so hopeless and scared. Thankfully, appropriate for today, everyone is doing really great today.