Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Bernie Fine (Syracuse assistant) accused of molestation

Parking Lot

Old 11-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Bernie Fine (Syracuse assistant) accused of molestation

Thought with this new stuff coming out we needed to create it's own thread. I have a feeling this is going to get ugly for him as well.

OTL -- On audio tape, Syracuse Orange assistant Bernie Fine's wife admits worries over abuse - ESPN

The guy's own wife believed he molested a ball boy in their home.

Also, a third victim has come forward.

Bernie Fine of Syracuse Orange has third sexual abuse accuser, report says - ESPN

Still believe Jim Boeheim should be suspended now for his comments in the media. I believe it even more now.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 11-27-2011 at 10:59 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Bernie Fine (Syracuse assistant) accused of molestation

That espn article with the transcripts of that phone call... Wow.

The fact that this ball boy also had admitted sexual relations with Fine's wife certainly makes this whole ordeal a lot more sordid.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I feel like I definitely believe the first two accusers but the third is leaving room for doubt. Either way if these allegations are true then Bernie Fine can rot in hell. It's annoying reading things like he thinks he's above the law. What a sick man.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

well thats all i need to hear. Fine is guilty as hell.

WTF, the wife too? damn

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Bernie Fine fired by Syracuse amid molestation allegations - ESPN

They didn't even bother waiting around. Sacked.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Dave Mirra lives here in G'ville and he grew up with Bobby Davis (one of the victims) and here is what he said on his facebook.

Quote:
Dave Mirra
In regards to the Syracuse basketball Bernie Fine scandal. I grew up with Bobby and I have always loved SU basketball. I have Bobby's back to the fullest and I am honestly let down by the integrity of the so called legends of the game. My prayers go out to my friend and let justice be served.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm stunned by all this. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was in a meeting saying that I thought ESPN had to be careful because they were making, in my opinion, too many assumptions in Mark Schwartz' reporting and that it almost sounded like there was a consensual relationship between Fine and Davis.

I feel terrible for doubting Davis but the whole thing just seemed suspect to me.

Laurie Fine didn't think to do anything all these years though?
Old 11-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm stunned by all this. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was in a meeting saying that I thought ESPN had to be careful because they were making, in my opinion, too many assumptions in Mark Schwartz' reporting and that it almost sounded like there was a consensual relationship between Fine and Davis.

I feel terrible for doubting Davis but the whole thing just seemed suspect to me.

Laurie Fine didn't think to do anything all these years though?
It's easy to think from where I'm sitting I would've called the cops and everything, but I understand her pov. When people think they are helpless in a given situation, it's harder to overcome than a lot of obstacles. Sometimes I feel helpless about certain things as well, and it's very hard to overcome. Even though I think she could've just manned up and called the police, maybe she's got her own skeletons in the closet too. Certainly might not be the case but you can't rule out anything.

As far as comparing walking in on a rape scene, i.e. Mike McCreary, to this, it's easy for me to think if I witnessed a rape occurring I'd call 911 straight away, and maybe even have the foresight to snap a picture to provide as evidence, but this Bernie Fine case isn't as clear. All she's got is rumors, unless she witnessed anything the only thing that can be taken at face value is peoples' words.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
firstdown
Living Legend

Sad that a man would to this to a kid that looks up to them. Though it seem the kid had a problem with Mr Fine wanting to be touched but had no problem with Mrs. Fine wanting some.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Syracuse Orange coach Jim Boeheim sorry for questioning Bernie Fine's accusers - ESPN

Hey Jim, how's that foot tasting bro? It's good to hear his apology and it even looks genuine. I imagine he caught hell for that bullshit he said from the start. I still think he should be suspended and/or fined. It's sad that he can get suspended/fined for making comments about the refs, but he gets off on calling child molester victims liars and claiming they are seeking money? Something wrong with that.

This is to Smoot. Was ESPN sitting on that tape since 2002? They way I'm getting it is that they were. Maybe it's not being portrayed correctly.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Syracuse Orange -- Two men sue Jim Boeheim, school for defamation in Bernie Fine case - ESPN

Hope they bleed Boeheim dry. Asshole deserves it.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This is to Smoot. Was ESPN sitting on that tape since 2002? They way I'm getting it is that they were. Maybe it's not being portrayed correctly.

Also, never got a answer to this.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Also, never got a answer to this.
Missed it. Sitting on the tape? I don't know. I wasn't there in 2002. Seems though they had a tape they couldn't corroborate. Should they have given the tape to the police? I don't know. Journalistically, no there's no obligation. Morally? I don't know the answer to that either.

Now the Syracuse paper that also received the copy and had actually been the ones to suggest a tape be made...they probably deserve a bit more grief
Old 12-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #14
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Bernie Fine investigation: Fourth man accuses Fine of molestation, paper reports - ESPN

4th victim comes out. At this point, I think Boeheim should be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Missed it. Sitting on the tape? I don't know. I wasn't there in 2002. Seems though they had a tape they couldn't corroborate. Should they have given the tape to the police? I don't know. Journalistically, no there's no obligation. Morally? I don't know the answer to that either.

Now the Syracuse paper that also received the copy and had actually been the ones to suggest a tape be made...they probably deserve a bit more grief
Not sure how either organization could sit on a story (evidence) like this for almost a decade.