Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Adderall Shortage

Parking Lot

Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Adderall Shortage

Anyone here take adderall? Its honestly pretty bad, the pharmacist I talked to last night said that everyone in the area is out but they get it randomly every other week or so but it usually sells out in a day or 2 because everyone is looking for it. If someone needs it and is without a car they are pretty much screwed. A lot of people are also having to pay a LOT more because you are often limited to just the name brand stuff and not the generic.

Theres been a massive shortage since April or May. Every Walgreens pharmacist either has no idea or says there’s a problem with the supplier. I have 2 friends that are pharmacists and they don’t really know whats up. Everything I find on the internet says that it’s a supplier issue or related to the FDA not releasing enough of the key ingredient. Im starting to wonder if the FDA has a new regulation on this stuff now. Are any of you guys in pharmaceuticals or know what the problem is?

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Adderall Shortage

It was banned in Canada. A lot of people use it for other intentions, such as bodybuilding (appetite suppression and energy booster/performance enhancer).

It's only a matter of time before it is banned here.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

WTF is Adderall?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
It was banned in Canada. A lot of people use it for other intentions, such as bodybuilding (appetite suppression and energy booster/performance enhancer).

It's only a matter of time before it is banned here.
Wow thats crazy. It looks like just the time released kind was banned in Canada while the regular kind has never been approved. However it looks like time release variety is now legal again, maybe thats the problem all those Canadians are sucking up all of the key ingredient?!?!? Just saw that its completely illegal in couple asain countries including Japan. I get that there is abuse potential but I never would have thought it would be illegal in other countries. It just makes people more productive.

Honestly though I think it has to be a new regulation because its become extremely difficult to find, where as before absolutely no problem. And unfortunately its affecting people that are poor or without a car the most.

@ Alvin, how is that possible you’ve never heard of adderall?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
over the mountain
Playmaker

adderall is some addicitve stuff. Had an ex on it, she basically couldnt do anything productive at all with her life if she wasnt on it but the funny/sad thing was, when she was on it she just sat there filling out crossword puzzles and not doing anything with her life anyway . .

does adderall even help anyone? it seems like people get diagnosed for having trouble "concentrating" or they "dont like working" or "have trouble studying" but to me . . . we all dont like working, studying etc.

It seems to be to be an unneccesary medication like ritalin back in the 90s for teenagers. but pharamceuticals and doctors make money, get to charge insurance companies who in turn pass the cost onto the rest of us who dont get legal prescriptions for our drugs . . .
Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

Adderall is prescribed for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. It's a stimulant that helps the brain to focus and pay attention better. It should not be used by people not diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or similar condition.

Last edited by Schneed10; 10-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
FRPLG
MVP

I was going to read your thread but got bored
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I take Adderall (Concerta to be more concise. Similar drug, but more targeted to adults) and it does help immensely. I don't take it every day. However, on days I have a lot of work or meetings I typically take one. When I have class I take one. Anything that requires significant amounts of attention or knowledge retention I take a Concerta.

I don't find myself zoned out or addicted to it at all. It's all about working with your Dr. to find a good dose and the version of Adderall that actually works for you.

Overall the experience is pretty damn positive on it, but there are some side effects. I'm never hungry. I will often forget to eat dinner unless I'm out with friends/roommate reminds me. I would probably forget lunch if all my coworkers didn't eat at the same time. It's a strange feeling. When I get lunch I take a bite. Sometimes I'm full after 4 bites, sometimes I destroy whatever I have and want more. It is very much an appetite suppressent.

Energy level. It IS an amphedamine. Some people know that I had a pretty bad bout of Lyme disease. I still often feel the symptoms of being exhausted, fatigued, weak, and memory issues. An unexpected side effect of the drug is that those symptoms of Lyme are greatly diminished with the drug. I could go into more detail about what it does but I don't want to bore anyone. When I go to work out, my trainer can tell a difference between when I've taken it and when I haven't. Very helpful!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 10-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
steveo395
The Starter

Last edited by steveo395; 10-06-2011 at 03:35 PM.
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

They didn't know much about it back then but if they did I'm sure I could have been a poster child for ADD drugs.
I couldn't sit still for anything in school.
I just wanted to annoy girls and draw airplane battles.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I was going to read your thread but got bored
I read every single word of this thread and even counted the number of vowels, in turn doing a cross reference with the number of times substitutes for adderall were mentioned. Sorry I've been hoarding for a while.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I take Adderall (Concerta to be more concise. Similar drug, but more targeted to adults) and it does help immensely. I don't take it every day. However, on days I have a lot of work or meetings I typically take one. When I have class I take one. Anything that requires significant amounts of attention or knowledge retention I take a Concerta.

I don't find myself zoned out or addicted to it at all. It's all about working with your Dr. to find a good dose and the version of Adderall that actually works for you.

Overall the experience is pretty damn positive on it, but there are some side effects. I'm never hungry. I will often forget to eat dinner unless I'm out with friends/roommate reminds me. I would probably forget lunch if all my coworkers didn't eat at the same time. It's a strange feeling. When I get lunch I take a bite. Sometimes I'm full after 4 bites, sometimes I destroy whatever I have and want more. It is very much an appetite suppressent.

Energy level. It IS an amphedamine. Some people know that I had a pretty bad bout of Lyme disease. I still often feel the symptoms of being exhausted, fatigued, weak, and memory issues. An unexpected side effect of the drug is that those symptoms of Lyme are greatly diminished with the drug. I could go into more detail about what it does but I don't want to bore anyone. When I go to work out, my trainer can tell a difference between when I've taken it and when I haven't. Very helpful!
Im kind of with you. It helps me immensely when i take it, and for the most part i only take it when im at work or i have something that requires a lot of concentration and focus (taxes come to mind). Sometimes ill take it and sometimes i wont and ill go long periods taking it and go long periods not taking it. I dont think its addicting in the least unless youre taking a very strong dose. I dont really loose my apatite, but i do loose my cravings for shity foods like sweets, greasy stuff or hi sodium stuff. Sorry about the lyme disease, that really sucks man. Have you noticed any issues with Concerta?

OTM i do know what youre talking about but i think by and large it really helps most people prescribed to it and can even be life changing for some people. Ill say that of people i knew who took it but contained themselves to crossword puzzles or some other worthless type task are females, just my experience. Although i knew a guy who would go what he called cheezen', which is taking a stimulant like adderall, Jack3d or NO Xplode and just kind of lay around.....

From everything ive seen it looks like the supply/distribution/regulation problem started out with adderall XR, which is the time released stuff (and pretty much non-abuseable). Now it seems mainly contained to the regular "fast acting" kind especially the higher doses. Would love to know whats going on. The vast majority of pharmacies are sold out.

Last edited by mlmpetert; 10-06-2011 at 08:40 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
They didn't know much about it back then but if they did I'm sure I could have been a poster child for ADD drugs.
I can see that
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post

Posted from a big ass PC with an illuminated keyboard and a big fat mouse.