Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Five dumbest on-field injuries in sports

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
skinznut
Special Teams

Five dumbest on-field injuries in sports

I had a feeling before I read this article Gus would be on it. Little did I know....

Soriano and the five dumbest on-field injuries in sports - Big League Stew - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Riggo44
The Starter

Re: Five dumbest on-field injuries in sports

And good old Gus is #1! Priceless.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Can't argue with that. Watching his eyes roll back into his head was pretty funny, even for a Skins fan.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Stuck in TX
Impact Rookie

Ole Gus was funny, but Bradley takes the cake IMO. Not only was his injury dumb, but it was classic irony. Sometimes kharma has to take its course, but with this jack ass, it only took a matter of seconds.

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Another stupid one: The Phoenix Suns' Kevin Johnson hit a game winning shot. He ran and jumped into Charles Barkley's arms and got a bearhug that was so hard it dislocated his shoulder.

Good ole' Gus.

Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #6
Redskins
Camp Scrub

Against my better judgment, I'm going to go ahead and mention that the absolute dumbest, most irritating, most childish, and most annoying injury in sports is the total theatrical Oscar-nominated over-acting represented by nearly every single player in the sport of soccer who flops around as if a limb was blown off when an opposing player gets near them. Of course, all the unnecessary over-acting and drama ends instantly when the opposing player gets a penalty card or gets kicked out of the game. This is just one of the many reasons I don't watch soccer or have any respect for those who play it. Someone needs to take away the "man cards" for these guys.......either that, or give them a television program on TLC.
Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
jsarno
Franchise Player

I know that Frerotte's injury was pretty dumb, but I'd rank it 2nd to Bill Grammatica.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

I LOVE me some football, but soccer is THE GREATEST SPORT IN THE WORLD, running for 90 minutes try it some time.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

Can anybody hook up a link for that Gus Head Shot .. BULLSEYE .. i couldn't find it on you tube
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:01 AM   #10
chrisl4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
I LOVE me some football, but soccer is THE GREATEST SPORT IN THE WORLD, running for 90 minutes try it some time.

aaaactually your not running for 90 minutes. More like you stand around and occaisionally do sprints. Ive gone to games and tried to get into it. Its just not going to happen. All the players are tiny, act tough, then roll around on the ground. The best part though is when they get up, then jog on it for a second to check out thier injury, then start sprinting full speed. I will however say that it is the most POPULAR sport in the world because it only requires one ball for 20 people to play.
chrisl4064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
skinznut
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
Can anybody hook up a link for that Gus Head Shot .. BULLSEYE .. i couldn't find it on you tube
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/im...s-headbutt.gif

That's the best I could do.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #12
Swarley
The Starter

I believe if you actually play the sport at a competitive level your respect level would be raised significantly, I say this not be an ass but because I've seen it happen before.. For every player that overreacts there are usually 10 more on the field that go about their business. As for the other comment that you arent running for 90 minutes, that's a joke. If you aren't constantly moving (specifically in a midfield or defensive role) you get beat, it's as simple as that. I will also say that when sprinting at full speed while trying to keep your balance and dribble a ball all at once even the slightest contact can send you flying and feel much worse than it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins View Post
Against my better judgment, I'm going to go ahead and mention that the absolute dumbest, most irritating, most childish, and most annoying injury in sports is the total theatrical Oscar-nominated over-acting represented by nearly every single player in the sport of soccer who flops around as if a limb was blown off when an opposing player gets near them. Of course, all the unnecessary over-acting and drama ends instantly when the opposing player gets a penalty card or gets kicked out of the game. This is just one of the many reasons I don't watch soccer or have any respect for those who play it. Someone needs to take away the "man cards" for these guys.......either that, or give them a television program on TLC.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Like chris says, you're not really running for 90 minutes.
I played soccer for 12 years and was a 2nd team all american my senior year in high school. (yes, I know it was a loooong time ago, but you don't forget)
It's a great sport to stay in shape with, and it's fun to play, but it's pretty boring to watch if you're not participating. I think the reason it's so popular around the world is because it's been around a lot longer than most sports, and it costs nothing or next to nothing to play. It's not even close to the most popular in America cause we have a plethera of great sports here, and we have more money in this country to be able to afford to play other sports.
It's a great sport, don't get me wrong, just not the greatest sport in the world...that's an opinion, not a statement of fact.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:33 AM   #14
chrisl4064

I know this isnt the worst ever, maybe not even top 20, but it sure as hell is funny.

YouTube - Angry tennis player going nuts. Hits self in head.
chrisl4064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:24 AM   #15
redskinsfanatic

i think jose canseco tearing a ligament in his elbow when moving from outfield to relief pitcher tops freotte's stupidity without trying.
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote