Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Post Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones

IRVING – The Dallas Cowboys have held preliminary discussions with the Tennessee Titans about trading for suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, according to a source.

The Cowboys could give up a late-round draft pick to acquire Jones.
According to a source, Titans officials are not in a hurry to make a deal but realize the best way to move on without Jones is to trade him.

Jones told his Atlanta-based agent, Manny Arora, if traded he would put the Cowboys near the top of the list of teams he would play for.

Arora, however, said he's talked to numerous teams about Jones and would like a trade to occur before the NFL draft on April 26-27.

"If Tennessee chooses not to have him on their roster next year, it's in their best interest to trade him," Arora said, "because if not, they would get no compensation."

An NFL spokesman said Jones, suspended since April 2007 for violations of the NFL conduct policy, can still be traded to another team.

The Cowboys are $3.9 million under the salary cap, and Jones is scheduled to earn a base salary of $1.292 million whenever he returns to the field.

Jones, 24, is scheduled to become a free agent following the 2009 season. A source said Jones is willing to renegotiate his contract at a lower salary to accommodate a team willing to sign him.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he will review Jones' suspension before training camps open in July.

But Arora would like to speed up the process because he doesn't want a team with needs at cornerback to draft one without taking a serious look at Jones.

The Cowboys need depth at cornerback after losing both backup corners in free agency.

"The way I feel, if they bring in Tank [Johnson] or [cornerback] DeAngelo Hall or whoever, they understand what's at stake," Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware said.

They understand how many guys are really working. Like Tank was saying when he came here, 'I've never seen as many guys working out at the same time and have the same drive in off-season workouts.' "

Last month at the NFL scouting combine, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he wanted to add a "wow" factor to the team. On Monday, Jones told ESPN it was doubtful he could add an impact player now, yet he was confident it might happen in the future.

Arora said he wants to bring Pacman Jones to a team that has strong leadership at the coaching and management positions, plus a solid off-the-field program.

The Cowboys tout their off-the-field player development programs, where former NFL player Calvin Hill is a consultant, as one of the best in the NFL.

Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones | Sports News | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas

Does this really surprise ANYONE? Didn't think so.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones

Wow, the Cowboys LOVE pieces of absolute f-ing garbage. Tank Johnson, then him? Seriously, I'd be embarrassed if the Redskins were after people like this.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Dumb move on their part. This guy will undoubtedly do something stupid again.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

MAKE IT RAIN BITCHES!!! Yeaaaaaah...
Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Dallas has a long track record of signing thugs, drug users and violent criminals though, so they know what they're doing.

I couldn't tolerate this if it were my team.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Like this subject transcends football. I wouldn't CARE if he contributes and guaranteed a Super Bowl birth. It just enables this type of behavior, because they KNOW they'd get a job again.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Like this subject transcends football. I wouldn't CARE if he contributes and guaranteed a Super Bowl birth. It just enables this type of behavior, because they KNOW they'd get a job again.
Are you predicting a Dallas cheerleader is going to be impregnated by Pacman and she gives birth on Super Bowl Sunday?

Bold prediction. I hope it doesn't happen. The world already has one too many Pacman Jones.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

???

It wasn't a prediction.

I was saying "if" a certain piece-of-crap player were to guarantee my respective team a Super Bowl win, I still wouldn't do it. And yes, I misspelled.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Perfect place for him.

The Dallas Inmates.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #10
wilsowilso

Talk about an All Star squad of donkeys. If TO can get a free pass with them after blatantly disrespecting that franchise when he was a 49er I don't see how seemingly insignificant words like integrity and values would get in the way of this deal.
He's perfect for them!
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
redsk1
The Starter

Reminds me of the good ole days.....Michael "white line" Irvin, Nate "Cheech" Newton, and the gang.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
SkinsFanSince91
Special Teams

I hope they get him and he plays well, then he does "his thang" and costs them some depth at CB and roster/salary cap problems during the end of the season.

This scenario is the xact reqason we DO NOT need to hav ehim come here to DC!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanSince91 View Post
I hope they get him and he plays well, then he does "his thang" and costs them some depth at CB and roster/salary cap problems during the end of the season.

This scenario is the xact reqason we DO NOT need to hav ehim come here to DC!
If we're really lucky, Pacman will drop some interceptions, and TO will then turn on him (question his manhood, sexual orientation, etc.). And then Tank will beat up TO (sticking up for a member of the D who has been disrespected), landing himself suspended from the NFL indefinitely. TO will be in traction (Tank is called Tank for a reason, after all), and Pacman will serve time for conspiracy to commit battery. And then the team somewho blames it all on Jessica Simpson, who then dumps Romo, causing him to suffer a complete lack of confidence and become Captain Turnover.

Well, it doesn't hurt to dream. I really hate Dallas.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Reminds me of the good ole days.....Michael "white line" Irvin, Nate "Cheech" Newton, and the gang.
Don't forget Leon Lett!

Time to bust these out:

Q: What do you call a drug ring in Dallas?
A: A huddle.

Q: Four Dallas Cowboys in a car, who's driving?
A: The police.

Q: Why can't Michael Irvin get into a huddle on the field anymore?
A: It is a parole violation for him to associate with known felons.

Doctors say because of Michael Irvin's broken clavicle, it will be 6-8 weeks before he can video a team mate having sex.

I understand Chicago is trying to sign Michael Irvin. They got rid of the refrigerator, so now they want a coke machine.

The Dallas newspapers reported yesterday that Texas Stadium is going to take out the artificial turf because the Cowboys play better on "grass".

The Dallas Cowboys adopted a new "Honor System", Yes your Honor, No your Honor.

The Cowboys had a 12 and 5 season this year, 12 arrests, 5 convictions.

The Cowboys knew they had to do something for their defense, so they hired a new defensive coordinator: Johnny Cochran

Q: How do the Dallas Cowboys spend their first week at spring training?
A: Studying the Miranda Rights.

A woman in Dallas calls 911. When the officer answers the phone the woman is hysterical and tells the cop that a man has just broken into her home and she thinks he intends to rape her. The officer explain that they are just extremely busy at the moment and tells her "Just get the guy's jersey number and we'll get back to you."

Q: What's the difference between a Cowboys fan and a baby?
A: Eventually the baby stops whining.

Q: How many players did the Cowboys dress for their last game?
A: 22. The rest dressed themselves.

Q: What's Jerry Jones' biggest concern?
A: Does bail money count against the salary cap?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
Warpath
The Starter

FROM PFT ProFootballTalk.com - PACMAN WANTS TO BE A PATRIOT
PACMAN WANTS TO BE A PATRIOT
Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2008, 12:55 p.m.
Okay, so the guy really is delusional.

That’s the only way we can explain the apparent desire of cornerback Pacman Jones (via his lawyer/agent/apologist/enabler) to play for the New England Patriots.

It’s almost as if Manny Arora thinks that the rest of the league will conclude that Pacman finally “gets it” if Pacman decides that he wants to join the franchise that has been (with a couple of recent exceptions) the bastion of the anti-turd.

“Over my years representing athletes and being a lawyer, as long as you’re winning, all the baggage goes away,” Arora told the Boston Herald. (He apparently hasn’t represented many/any Bengals.) “No one wants to be the guy to mess up winning. The track record the Patriots have in giving players a fresh start would be a great fit.”

Um, what track record of giving players a fresh start is Arora referring to? The Pats traded for Randy Moss last year, at a time when many thought he was washed up. That’s not a “track record”; it’s a one-time gamble that to date has paid off like a slot machine on prescription-strength Ex-Lax.

Our guess is that Arora is trying to scare up a market for Jones at a time when Arora is negotiating with the Dallas Cowboys about the possibility of acquiring the troubled (but talented) defensive back/kick returner from the Tennessee Titans. If Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes that other teams are in the mix, then the ‘Boys might give Pacman a better deal.

As far as we can tell, however, no one other than the Cowboys is interested in Jones, and it’s our understanding that a couple of the other teams that have been floated as Pacman’s possible destination have made it clear privately that they aren’t interested.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote