Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Flyers drop 10 straight

Other Sports

Old 02-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

Flyers drop 10 straight

Growing up in Philly and playing hockey my whole life, I love the flyers. Why Danny Briere lives on my block and Jason Smith one over. I feel bad for them, especially the Brieres because I know them well and the flyers have been booing him individually constantly. Make it better for the flyers fans here and update us on the Capitals status.

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Re: Flyers drop 10 straight

I'm a big Rangers fan, but I'm really suprised that the Flyers are having this kind of trouble at this point. I really thought Briere/Biron coming from Buffalo would take them to the next level. They seemed to be playing pretty good hockey for a while but the wheels seem to be coming off....

Do you watch a lot of the Canadian teams? I cant get enough of Montreal, that place is insane.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:24 AM   #3
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Growing up in the DC area, and dealing with crappy Eagles fans, seeing the Flyers suck actually brings joy to me. I know I am bad person.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I'm a big Rangers fan, but I'm really suprised that the Flyers are having this kind of trouble at this point. I really thought Briere/Biron coming from Buffalo would take them to the next level. They seemed to be playing pretty good hockey for a while but the wheels seem to be coming off....

Do you watch a lot of the Canadian teams? I cant get enough of Montreal, that place is insane.
A little. It sucks that the Canada teams have been bought(i.e. Winnepeg Jets -> Phoniex Coyotes, Quebec Nordiques-> Colorodo Avalance) out and moved because of money; thats where the real fans are, canada. Im surprised that there are teams in cities like Dallas, Phoniex, Tampa, Miami, LA, Anaheim, Atlanta, etc. The league became too big too fast. They were trying to mirror the success of the NBA wich went big, but its different, everybody plays basketball; rich, poor, white, black(better than white). I think that there should be a team in Wisconsin, the best hockey state in the country and they have no pro team. As of the Flyers, watching the game at the Brieres house last night only made it worse because the whole family was miserable, and I felt really bad. Terrible luck, florida scores with 3.4 seconds left in regulation, and win in OT. They also lost Richards for 3 weeks with a hamstring. He joins Gautier, Hatcher, Van der Veere, and of Course Gagne, on the never ending injury report. Our big problem is that we always have big inuries, but we need to win now. If we get into the playoffs, we are contenders...if we are healthy. If not, first round loss. Right now, i want us to snap our streak tomorrow night against Buffalo, who we HATE.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell17 View Post
A little. It sucks that the Canada teams have been bought(i.e. Winnepeg Jets -> Phoniex Coyotes, Quebec Nordiques-> Colorodo Avalance) out and moved because of money; thats where the real fans are, canada. Im surprised that there are teams in cities like Dallas, Phoniex, Tampa, Miami, LA, Anaheim, Atlanta, etc. The league became too big too fast. They were trying to mirror the success of the NBA wich went big, but its different, everybody plays basketball; rich, poor, white, black(better than white). I think that there should be a team in Wisconsin, the best hockey state in the country and they have no pro team. As of the Flyers, watching the game at the Brieres house last night only made it worse because the whole family was miserable, and I felt really bad. Terrible luck, florida scores with 3.4 seconds left in regulation, and win in OT. They also lost Richards for 3 weeks with a hamstring. He joins Gautier, Hatcher, Van der Veere, and of Course Gagne, on the never ending injury report. Our big problem is that we always have big inuries, but we need to win now. If we get into the playoffs, we are contenders...if we are healthy. If not, first round loss. Right now, i want us to snap our streak tomorrow night against Buffalo, who we HATE.
This is actually Sabres country up here, even though I am a Rangers guy. People have been going crazy for Buffalo since their 2006 run, and their hatred for Philly is right up there with theirs for Toronto.

I agree with you on the league expanding too fast, and it sucks becuase you're right, the real fans are up in Canada. I love to watch hockey, but sometimes its tough for me to watch when the game is in a Tampa or Phoniex or somewhere else that they could give a crap about hockey and its almost like their just playing in front of no one....but I could watch games in Montreal, Vancouver, ect all day long.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
This is actually Sabres country up here, even though I am a Rangers guy. People have been going crazy for Buffalo since their 2006 run, and their hatred for Philly is right up there with theirs for Toronto.

I agree with you on the league expanding too fast, and it sucks becuase you're right, the real fans are up in Canada. I love to watch hockey, but sometimes its tough for me to watch when the game is in a Tampa or Phoniex or somewhere else that they could give a crap about hockey and its almost like their just playing in front of no one....but I could watch games in Montreal, Vancouver, ect all day long.
I thought Ottawa was the big rival of Buffalo, or at least that is what mr.brieres son said.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell17 View Post
I thought Ottawa was the big rival of Buffalo, or at least that is what mr.brieres son said.
Well, when Briere was here, it was Ottawa, mainly because Ottawa and Buffalo are/were both really good when Danny played there. From the grand scheme of things Buffalo/Toronto are "traditional" rivals (Kind of like Skins/Cowboys)...but Toronto has been really bad latley, and Ottawa and Buffalo have had some insane games the past few years so its become a closer rivalry that way.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I've always been an Flyers fan too. Haven't seen too much of them in the last couple of years and it sounds like I'm fortunate.

I wish they still had Rod Brind'Amour. I used to have his jersey.

Heard he just got injured and his season is done.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote