Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Parking Lot

Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
firstdown
Living Legend

Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

My wife takes about an hour each week to clip coupons and making up a grocery list. She just called me today excited because she purchase $198.00 in groceries and after the coupons the bill was only $110.00. Not bad for the little bit of time it takes and she does not buy stuff just because she has a coupon.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Nice job, Mrs. FD. I don't get the results she does, I just look some up online before going to the store and print them out. I usually save $15-20.

I should commit more time to it.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

I saw a show not too long ago where people basically get their groceries for free because of coupons. This one guy had a garage that looked like a small store, totally stocked up with a ton of different products. If you do your homework and buy in bulk you can really save a lot of $$.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

I don't, but my wife is really good about it. We get groceries every Sunday, and typically can save about $20 or so each time with coupons. It adds up.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Nice job, Mrs. FD. I don't get the results she does, I just look some up online before going to the store and print them out. I usually save $15-20.

I should commit more time to it.
Her savings have grown a little more each week as she takes the time to clip the coupons we can use. Sense she is not working (I know a mom is a full time job) I think she likes the fact that she is contributing to our finances.

Matty, I saw that show and it was crazy the stuff these people purchased or should I say got for nothing. Not sure why someone would want to store 40 bottles of ketchup just because they got it for almost free.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
mredskins
Gamebreaker

We get the "Weeekend Paper" which has the coupons i think my wife cuts them out but i bet the farm it makes her buy stuff she normally would not buy.

I told her to cancel it like a year ago because the guy that delivers it does it in some old beat up truck and it wakes my son every Sunday and Saturday morning at 5:30 am. So couple weeks ago she re order it (a great deal she says), sure as Shirley my son was up at 5:30 am the first day delivery started back up. As son as he started calling us I said "your paper is here go get it" and rolled over and went back to bed.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Her savings have grown a little more each week as she takes the time to clip the coupons we can use. Sense she is not working (I know a mom is a full time job) I think she likes the fact that she is contributing to our finances.

Matty, I saw that show and it was crazy the stuff these people purchased or should I say got for nothing. Not sure why someone would want to store 40 bottles of ketchup just because they got it for almost free.

Had a lady at work like that it was her "hobby". She would weird shit all the time just becasue that was what was on sale or had coupon for it. She get basket loads though and pay like pennies. She ended up gaining some weight becasue she was eating the crap of the crap.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We get the "Weeekend Paper" which has the coupons i think my wife cuts them out but i bet the farm it makes her buy stuff she normally would not buy.

I told her to cancel it like a year ago because the guy that delivers it does it in some old beat up truck and it wakes my son every Sunday and Saturday morning at 5:30 am. So couple weeks ago she re order it (a great deal she says), sure as Shirley my son was up at 5:30 am the first day delivery started back up. As son as he started calling us I said "your paper is here go get it" and rolled over and went back to bed.
I had the same issue with our paper boy/man and a public school bus. The bus would stop in front of our house because her first stop was down the street. I'd have to hear the air brakes and the motor run for a few minutes each day as she waited. Finally one morning I got ticket and went out half naked to curse her out. Not sure if it was what I said or the fact I was half naked that she found a new place to stop. Then our paper boy had a loud car and would gun it after tossing out our paper. I called several times and finally they switched paper boys or he quit.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

My wife clips coupons and usually saves 35%-40% each weekly trip.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I had the same issue with our paper boy/man and a public school bus. The bus would stop in front of our house because her first stop was down the street. I'd have to hear the air brakes and the motor run for a few minutes each day as she waited. Finally one morning I got ticket and went out half naked to curse her out. Not sure if it was what I said or the fact I was half naked that she found a new place to stop. Then our paper boy had a loud car and would gun it after tossing out our paper. I called several times and finally they switched paper boys or he quit.

That shit piss me off. I live in a town house and every once in awhile you get a jack ass that comes to pick up someone from another house and they blow the horn to say they are there. Really? Like you don't see the 40 some odd other house attached to the one you are beeping at. Plus in the day of cell phones just text or call the person, Jesus!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I saw a show not too long ago where people basically get their groceries for free because of coupons. This one guy had a garage that looked like a small store, totally stocked up with a ton of different products. If you do your homework and buy in bulk you can really save a lot of $$.
I saw that too. Those people looked like their lives revolved around doing that. I think if you found a happy medium it might work out.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I saw that too. Those people looked like their lives revolved around doing that. I think if you found a happy medium it might work out.
Yeah they were very obsessive about it, not the way I'd want to live either.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
MTK
\m/

Quote:

The show mentioned some of those people give a lot of that stuff away to local charities.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #14
KLHJ2
Inactive

I have never had an experience when using coupons has saved me more than 15-20 dollars. I value my time off higher than 20 dollars/hour. The hour that I or my wife would spend clipping coupons can be used to do something else.

We still use coupons but we don't put in the extra effort to find as many as we can. She will usually go through the penny saver while I am driving to the grocery store.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #15
redsk1
The Starter

We do clip coupons and/or download coupons from the store site like Kroger. You just go online and it loads onto your Kroger card. Sometimes, it's better to just buy a generic brand vs using the coupon on the name brand. Now, some products you can't buy generic but many you can and it makes no difference in taste etc. So, i'd say we save a decent bit working it from the downloadable & old coupon way.

I'd say we're about $110-120 a week average for a 4 person household (2 small boys who eat decently).
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote