Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Workplace

Parking Lot

Old 05-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
saden1
MVP

The Workplace

Is it not very obvious that you don't grill someone for answers when you see them eating lunch at their desk? Sometimes I wish I could just say "mother fucker, don't you see I'm eating my lunch?"

I got co-workers that like to talk about their hobbies a lot. Just because I have a bike doesn't mean I want to hear about you working on a customizing your bike almost every fucking day.

Oh and saying "your moma" out of nowhere and out of context is totally retarded...especially if the co-worker you're saying it to is in his mid 40's.

</rant-complete>

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: The Workplace

Great thread. I'm trying to get microwaved popcorn abolished. If not in my building or floor, at least in the areas right around me.

The smell, even when not burned, just makes me nauseous. Excessive cologne too. Why do you need to bathe in peach syrup, lady around the corner from me?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Is it not very obvious that you don't grill someone for answers when you see them eating lunch at their desk? Sometimes I wish I could just say "mother fucker, don't you see I'm eating my lunch?"

I got co-workers that likes to talk about their hobbies a lot. Just because I have a bike doesn't mean I want to hear about you working on a customizing your bike almost every fucking day.

Oh and saying "your moma" out of nowhere and out of context is totally retarded...especially if the co-worker you're saying it to is in his mid 40's.

</rant-complete>
People are stupid man. Is is the essential lesson of life. People are stupid.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Soccer moms in the workplace, enough said.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

When I built my office I knew I wanted a kitchen with a nice stove, microwave, frig, TV, insulated walls, and a door. My rule is when someone is having their lunch break at the office its like they are not in the building. At first the rule was broken a few times but now everyone knows the deal. Every once in a while something comes up but it better be important or I'm pissed. I also just had to remove the oven because some ass wipe city inspector said it was not safe and I would need to install some $4000 vent system after its been there for 8 yrs.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
dmek25
MVP

you guys are like Grinch. i listen to everything, even if i have no interest. its called common courtesy
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
dmek25
MVP

but on the flip side. lunch is lunch. that means no work, unless life or death. and i don't think that there are a whole lot of doctors on the warpath
Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
but on the flip side. lunch is lunch. that means no work, unless life or death. and i don't think that there are a whole lot of doctors on the warpath
The girls called me Doctor Love. Does that count?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
you guys are like Grinch. i listen to everything, even if i have no interest. its called common courtesy
the common courtesy is not bothering me with a dumbass story in the first place

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The girls called me Doctor Love. Does that count?
does your wife know? if so, then it counts
Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
does your wife know? if so, then it counts
She came up with the name.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

People beyond college freshman say "your momma"?

Definitely agree about the microwave popcorn.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Not necessarily something I hate about lunch, besides being called back into the warehouse to take a delivery (for some reason it always feels like the most popular time for a delivery driver to pull up is during lunch break) but I hate it when I'm back in my section of the warehouse workin and one of the people from the sales staff stops in my section on the way to the back door for a smoke, and then they always gotta stop and talk to you and look at you annoyingly for not wanting to stop what your doing to listen to their annoying ass stories about how one of their kids did the most adorable scary monster impression the other day. Run on sentences aside that's the most annoying thing I deal with. Nowadays I pop some headphones in since the owner of my company banned radios in the warehouse and they see it and just walk on by thankfully.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #14
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post

I got co-workers that like to talk about their hobbies a lot. Just because I have a bike doesn't mean I want to hear about you working on a customizing your bike almost every fucking day.

</rant-complete>
Nothing like boring, stupid, unwanted conversation when you're trying to take a few minutes break from concentrating on writing code, bid responses, etc. Not like the code or bid response is important or an error could cost the company significant $$$ or anything.

And can't people figure out that if someone's eating at their desk they're probably pretty damn busy or broke.....in either case give a guy a few minutes to relax in peace.

I'm with you. I'm so glad I work in a smaller remote office away from our HQ. Just me and a few engineers, who are usually in the field anyway. Even better the ones who run their yap a lot rarely come to the office.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

All I ask is that people don't talk to me about work at lunch. That's the only thing that will make me move to a totally different place instantly.