Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

Time for Brunell to sit..

Thread Hell

Old 10-10-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Time for Brunell to sit..

The guy just isn't getting it done.. 83 yards passing? That pick by Deion hung up so long there anyone could have made a play on that.. Let Ramsey get in there and see what he can do.. It's just brutal watching the offense with Brunell.. The defense knows he's not a threat to do anything with the ball..

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2004, 11:30 PM   #2
DirtBagZ
Special Teams

Amen! I have had enough of Brunell, he flat out stinks. Thank goodness that Theisman and McGuire were calling Brunell out for his shoddy foot-work.

To do a variation of popular saying a couple of elections ago, "It's Brunnell, stupid!"

Unfortunately this is Gibbs' hand picked boy, so we are going to have to suffer with this horrible play all season. A damn shame when one thinks of how well the defense has played this season.

Of course all of the Brunell backers will try to put the blame on the Special teams.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:31 PM   #3
VTSkins897
Impact Rookie

yeah seeing culpepper, bulger, and hasselbeck (etc) zipping passes in there and then brunell suckin it up kinda makes me sick. how nice would it have been to have kurt warner?
Old 10-10-2004, 11:34 PM   #4
wolfeskins
The Starter

the d did look damn good tonight,until the end when they were just to tired becouse brunell and co. cant get the ball across the 50 yard line
Old 10-10-2004, 11:49 PM   #5
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBagZ
Unfortunately this is Gibbs' hand picked boy, so we are going to have to suffer with this horrible play all season. A damn shame when one thinks of how well the defense has played this season.
You ever watch the Redskins play in the 80's? You think Gibbs won't set Brunell down...haha! Riiigghhhhtttt.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:08 AM   #6
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

Ramsey "Put me in Coach"

Please I'm ready to play today! Brunell regardless of whether or not he is in a funk or what have you. The man as nice as he is and the many wonderful years he had as the starting quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars is not playing well. Week after week when we need a difference maker he leads us in the wrong direction. Gibbs and his staff are wonderful, they just have to realize that Brunell has had plenty of chances to prove himself and has not come through, I cannot even watch him play right now. Let him sit on the bench and play the role of Player/Coach to an up and comer with great potential!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:14 AM   #7
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

mmmkay but has Portis played up to his potential? How many fumbles??? How many yards did he rush for tonight? What about the offensive line??
Old 10-11-2004, 01:04 AM   #8
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Brunell needs to sit. He has lost fumbles for touchdowns that cost us two games this year (when you consider that they were momentum turning events). It's not even a question, he has not helped us win and he's cost us two games. Give PR a shot, we at least have a spark when he's in there. BTW, I don't want to hear about the 3 interceptions versus the Giants. The kid was obviously pressing due to the fact that we were trying to climb out of the hole we were in. That is the time to take gambles and subsequently bad things can happen. I am so dissappointed this year, I thought we were going to be better... Maybe we can finish .500? That would be a good thing after this beginning...
Old 10-11-2004, 01:23 AM   #9
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

skinsguy - Portis has made mistakes, no doubt. He also shows potential. We don't have a backup comparable to Ramsey at the RB position. Brunell has been absolutely horrible and I'm sick of watching it. I keep thinking the defense is going to have to score. Our O line needs to open some holes, we need to give Portis his kind of game, and we need Ramsey to throw it deep down field.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:29 AM   #10
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

Brunell is done!!! End of story. They'll continue to play him and we'll continue to suck because of his huge contract. I know it upsets all the Brunell faithful but doesn't it seem like Joe is giving him way too much credit? And how about a post game interview where he doesn't say "the team did this and the team did that" and rather he just says "you know, i threw for 80 some yards and that sucks. Guys who entered the league THIS YEAR are doing better than me. Maybe I need to get my S**t together."
Old 10-11-2004, 03:21 AM   #11
Luxorreb
^21^

Another vote for RAMSEY!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:39 AM   #12
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagonskins
Brunell is done!!! End of story. They'll continue to play him and we'll continue to suck because of his huge contract. I know it upsets all the Brunell faithful but doesn't it seem like Joe is giving him way too much credit? And how about a post game interview where he doesn't say "the team did this and the team did that" and rather he just says "you know, i threw for 80 some yards and that sucks. Guys who entered the league THIS YEAR are doing better than me. Maybe I need to get my S**t together."
I didn't hear that quote, but if he said it, I respect that, at least he holds himself accountable, that's brutally honest, how many player's would try to disperse the blame on other's as well? Now let's get Ramsey in there!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:12 AM   #13
That Guy
Living Legend

new roster, new staff, new system... even with that, its still pretty bad... i'd give ramsey a full week of practice with the 1st string and give him a full game to prove himself and see how it works out, cause right now it looks like we're 3 games out of a possible wild card spot and we're going only going to get farther behind...

the biggest problem i've had is that there hasn't really been much progress... less fumbled snaps and turnovers, less penalties... but the total crap passing game and trying to play not to lose has shown up one too many quarters for me...

this one hurt like the browns, we lost it cause WE couldn't get it done... it sucks seeing us 7 points behind and feeling like it'd take a miracle to overcome it... not once did we get 2 first downs on a possession, we didn't move the ball AT ALL... one deep shot that i can remember and it was horribly off again
Old 10-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #14
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

OFFISS:
Unfortunately, it was just the first stuff about the team failing to do this and that that Brunell said. The second bit is what I hoped he would say. I wish he would take personal accounatbility and say that HE needs to say something about how HE is not getting stuff done. Every week Portis and Coles talk about their failures and their need to lead this team. I wish Brunell as the head of the offense would say something like that too.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #15
That Guy
Living Legend

i don't like how calm brunell is about losing... he doesn't seemed pissed off at all or really all that concerned